Timeshare Exchanges

Interval International E-Plus Retrade Ripoff

Aug 01, 2014

This is a very deceptive offer.

Beware the offer when you make an Interval International exchange to "Change your destination, resort, unit size, or travel dates up to three times for a low, one time fee. Purchase E-Plus within five days of confirmation and increase your flexibility." The cost is $49. Click that Purchase button and no additional terms and conditions are made available. They only want your credit card information.

Here is the trouble with this deal: You can only trade down on the unit size. If your original unit was more trading power than the one you exchanged into, you have lost that additional trading power. I traded from a 1 BR to an efficiency and thought this deal would let me get a 1 BR unit if one came available. But I am stuck at the smaller unit's trading power. This is useless.

BTW, you have to manually search, there is no way to request.

It is also non-refundable. There offer is misleading and they do not fully disclose the terms. Very disappointing, II.

I only found this by doing a search using another deposit I had, and then searching for the same using the E-Plus feature. The unit did not appear! People don't even know that they have been downsized.

Robert R.
Aug 01, 2014

You are supposed to keep your original trading power (but in reality I have seen what you have seen but I 've seen it work both ways). I would call and see if they can get you the unit that you want that you can see with something that had similar trading power with your original unit.

I once did an exchange into a studio as far out as possible (using an ok 1 br unit) and added eplus. I mainly was looking to extend a deposit beyond the original expiration date. I could immediately see the trading power was terrible and was able to cancel the whole exhange including the eplus within the 24 hours. I later exchanged the original week into a xmas 2br orlando marriott and added eplus and I had better trading power than my original deposit.

Tracey S.
Mar 26, 2015

Not true, I traded UP.twice this year I reserved a 1 bedroom suite and 3 weeks later a changed to a 2 bedroom suite in the same resort No extra fee -Plus Retrade Transaction Date Fri, November 07, 2014 Marriott's Ocean Pointe MPB Unit: (2 bedrooms) Check-in / Check-out Sat, June 10, 2015 Sat, June 17, 2015 Originating Exchange Transaction Date Mon, October 13, 2014 Marriott's Ocean Pointe MPB Unit: (1 bedrooms) Check-in / Check-out Thu, June 8, 2015 Thu, June 15, 2015

robertr558 wrote:

Beware the offer when you make an Interval International exchange to "Change your destination, resort, unit size, or travel dates up to three times for a low, one time fee. Purchase E-Plus within five days of confirmation and increase your flexibility." The cost is $49. Click that Purchase button and no additional terms and conditions are made available. They only want your credit card information.

Here is the trouble with this deal: You can only trade down on the unit size. If your original unit was more trading power than the one you exchanged into, you have lost that additional trading power. I traded from a 1 BR to an efficiency and thought this deal would let me get a 1 BR unit if one came available. But I am stuck at the smaller unit's trading power. This is useless.

It is also non-refundable. There offer is misleading and they do not fully disclose the terms. Very disappointing, II.

I only found this by doing a search using another deposit I had, and then searching for the same using the E-Plus feature. The unit did not appear! People don't even know that they have been downsized.

Kg W.
Mar 26, 2015

Yes, true. This did happen to me. I had several long conversations with Interval customer service about it. I was not allowed to trade up back to my original size unit.

Maybe they have changed their policy, which was wrong. But be careful and clarify this before taking the offer.

kgw2 wrote:
Not true, I traded UP.twice this year I reserved a 1 bedroom suite and 3 weeks later a changed to a 2 bedroom suite in the same thing hresort No extra fee -Plus Retrade Transaction Date Fri, November 07, 2014 Marriott's Ocean Pointe MPB Unit: (2 bedrooms) Check-in / Check-out Sat, June 10, 2015 Sat, June 17, 2015 Originating Exchange Transaction Date Mon, October 13, 2014 Marriott's Ocean Pointe MPB Unit: (1 bedrooms) Check-in / Check-out Thu, June 8, 2015 Thu, June 15, 2015

robertr558 wrote:

Robert R.
Jul 06, 2015

Fuuny I Traded a 1 Br. Premium got a 2 br in Virgina

Beach .

Charlene H.
Jul 13, 2015

Perhaps they have changed their bad practice. That is what I urged them to do. But it is still "buyer beware" on this deal, in my opinion.

Robert R.
Jan 14, 2020

They also don't tell you that if you trade to another unit that requires points less then you originally traded, that you don't get the difference of points refunded. If you exchanged to something with more points you would need to pay the difference. Why doesn't it work the other way? This brinks on fraud in my opinion. If I bought a pair of shoes and the next day saw a pair I liked better for less money, I would do an exchange and be refunded the difference. This is ridiculous.

Katy S.
Jan 14, 2020

They also don't tell you that if you trade to another unit that requires points less then you originally traded, that you don't get the difference of points refunded. If you exchanged to something with more points you would need to pay the difference. Why doesn't it work the other way? This brinks on fraud in my opinion. If I bought a pair of shoes and the next day saw a pair I liked better for less money, I would do an exchange and be refunded the difference. This is ridiculous.

Katy S.
Jan 21, 2020

They do tell you this if you read the terms and conditions. Most people exchange with weeks and not points so most forums won't mention this fact but I have seen it mentioned before.

In all cases you never get any money or points back and if you exchange for something bigger you either use more points or have to pay the size upgrade fee. Once you have traded larger if you go back no refunds but if you use your last trade you can trade back up to the size you already paid for without additional points or fee.

Tracey S.
Apr 28, 2020

What is the current cost of E-plus?

Howard S.
Jan 27, 2021

tell me the current cost please.

Jennie Miller
Jan 27, 2021

jenniem47 wrote:
tell me the current cost please.

Current cost of what?

Lance C.
Feb 16, 2021

Current cost is $59.00

Dan C.
Apr 19, 2021

I would disagree. Over the past 4 years (most recently this year) I was able to use the retrades to work my way into a very nice one bedroom at Marriott Maui! No big deal that I had deposited a two bedroom. It is just about what your end goal is going to be and what you are satisfied getting.

Rex
Nov 27, 2022

I recently tried a test using an E-plus v a regular deposit. The E-plus used was a 2 bedroom Marriott week in a reasonably high demand period that has historically been a strong trader. The regular deposit was a non-Marriott week but also a historically strong trader. I was looking to trade to a 2 bedroom Marriott week in an area with lots of availability normally. The non-Marriott week was able to pull a 2 bedroom, the Marriott week would only pull a 1 bedroom. The 2 bedroom had sat on the exchange available list for at least a week when I tried the trade.

I contacted II and the rep tried the same test as I had with the same result. When I questioned why the Marriott could not get the 2 bedroom, I was informed that it now had lower trading power than original but also that the number of units available to E-plus were managed from the normal exchange list and that fewer units were available through E-plus. I commented that most members had no idea that this is II's practice and that the membership needed to be made aware of this.

Garry M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.