Ask RedWeek

Corporate Timeshare Network - rental or sales

Aug 16, 2014

By chance I found the redweek site, and I am hoping that I can get some assistance. Has anyone heard of the Corporate Timeshare Network they seem to be a company that can rent my units banked as well as off me the rentals of my "getaways".. is this possible? Any positive or negative responses? I'd appreciate any assistance, thanks Pauline from NY

Pauline Z.
Aug 16, 2014

It's a SCAM. All they want is your upfront money and then all you will hear is excuses if you hear from them at all again. NEVER pay anyone money upfront to rent or sell your timeshare. Don't be the next victim to come into the forum and tell us your story how you lost your money by giving it to the scammers.

Don P.
Aug 16, 2014

paulinez5 wrote:
they seem to be a company that can rent my units banked as well as off me the rentals of my "getaways".. is this possible?

No it is not possible. When you deposit or bank a week with an exchange company, it then belongs to the exchange company and will allow you to exchange for a suitable unit available.

"Getaways" are generally leftover inventory that the exchange companies try to rent out. Those belong to the exchange company to rent out, not for you to rent out.

Lance C.
Apr 16, 2015

Hi Pauline,

I too was skeptical when contacted by this company. It sounded too good to be true but while I was at Club 36 in Vegas, I was speaking with a gentleman who had used them before and he had good things to say about them so I gave it a shot and paid their registration fee. About two months later I was able to rent out two getaways. It was a pretty smooth process and I profited 1150 after the 399 fee was paid to RCI. I did get a few offers after that but they were not what I was hoping for. One was for 900 and the other for 1150 which after deducting the 399 fee would not have been enough for me. I am still waiting for more offers. Its been about 4 months now. Overall Im pretty happy with them. Hope this Helps

Richard D.

Last edited by richardd612 on Apr 16, 2015 12:39 PM

Apr 16, 2015

Oh Richard, You are obviously a shill. RCI doesn't allow you to rent out exchanges or extra vacations. What in the world is the $399 to RCI for?

Tracey S.
Apr 16, 2015

I agree with Tracey that Richard is a SHILL trying to promote this SCAM. Just call RCI and you will see the truth. NEVER pay these scammers money. Once they get you hooked you will be put on the " sucker list " and they will prey upon you until you wise up.

Don P.
Apr 17, 2015

I dont know what a SHILL is but to answer your question the 399 is what the getaway week cost through RCI. Are either of you clients of this company as well?

Richard D.
Apr 17, 2015

Don't fall for this SCAM !! Call RCI and they will verify that you can't rent or sell exchanges or extra vacations.

Don P.
Apr 17, 2015

Even if RCI allowed it, the weeks that RCI sells for $399 aren't going to be worth $1800 to anyone. On top of that Corporate Timeshares needs to make a cut for finding someone for you. So that would mean someone is paying $2100 for an off season Branson vacation or something similar. I don't think so.

RCI is a branch of Wyndham vacations and its parent company. They have a much longer rental arm than Corporate Timeshare llc ever could. If they could sell the $399 weeks for $2000+ they would be instead of offering them for $399. For that matter wouldn't Corporate Timeshares just buy 50 timeshares for $1 each and set up 50 RCI accounts and then instead of making $100 or $200 per rental they could be making $1600+ per rental at 10 per account for 500 rentals.

Tracey S.
Apr 17, 2015

I just looked at their website and I thought this one was funny. Under the corporate events tab they talk about a company sending 10 reps to a trade show and spending $200-$400 per night on each rep. This would be $2000-$4000 each night. Instead it's a "no brainer" to get 2 two bedroom timeshares (sleeping 6 each) for the entire week at an average cost of $2500 per unit.

Bob guess what? Instead of having your own hotel room, you get to share a king size bed with John. Susie you get to sleep in the second bedroom with Jane. Matt and Alex you guys drew the short straw. You will be sharing the sofa bed in the living room. But on the bright side instead of eating at nice restaurants during this business trip, you get to share a kitchen and make each other meals. Doesn't that sound great? According to CTN, these accommodations will be even better than those expensive hotels we always use.

Tracey S.
Apr 28, 2015

I can only assume that both Tracey and Bob must either work for a competitor or be an angry ex employee of the company since neither of you have said that you were clients of Corporate Timeshare Network and you have so much to say. All I know is that the company who rented one of my getaways sent down a few of their execs and each rented a separate 1 bedroom. To date I have only received one rental and am awaiting more offers. I researched the company thoroughly before signing up and I urge anyone considering doing business with them to do the same. I can only speak from my personal experience. In all actuality I wish that I would have never bought the thing to begin with. My points are far from the value I was told they would have and every time I go to book a week i never have enough points for where/ when Im trying to go. Anyone else having that problem with BlueGreen points?

Richard D.
Apr 28, 2015

SCAM !!

Don P.
May 27, 2015

(This question is directed to Richard.) How did you go about researching CTN? What is the process like as far as the getaway weeks go? What will I have to do on my end? I have to do something about this Bluegreen thing. I haven't had too much trouble using my points, but I have a lot of them. I am however trying to figure out how to pay for it, and I wish I hadn't taken it on.

Melanie C.

Last edited by melaniec171 on May 27, 2015 03:55 PM

May 28, 2015

Just remember, you do not own any getaway weeks, therefore you can not rent them out and no third party can do it for you no matter how much you pay them. To re-iterate: getaway weeks are owned by the exchange company (such as RCI or II) and the exchange companies give you access to rent these from them at a discounted rate. Keep in mind that a lot of these weeks are just leftover weeks that the exchange companies are trying to get at least some money for.

Lance C.
Jun 18, 2015

I've been a member of Bluegreen since they converted from weeks to points and really like them. The key to Bluegreen is knowing how to use the points. The first thing you need to do is figure the value of the points compared to the maintenance fees you pay per year. For people with less than 10,000 points, it will probably be around $80 for every 1000 points. For me it is $60 for every thousand points. What I do is look at how many points a place has per day, let's say 1000, and I calculate the value to me, $60 per day. This is typical for a Mon - Thu. Since most Bluegreen offers a kitchen, this is a good deal for me. If the place was 3000 points per night, the value for my points would be $180 per day. This is typical on Fri, Sat and Sun. This would not be a good deal. What I would do is use bonus time at $69, $79, $89 a night (depending on whether the place is a 1, 2 or 3 bedroom). If the place is not available for bonus time, you either get put on the waiting list or I just keep checking the Bluegreen website. Amazingly, I usually am able to get the place with bonus time because someone is always canceling at the last minute.

The secret to getting the time you want is planning. You will find most place are bookable with points from 7 months or more out. My trick is to book the whole week, cancel Fri and Sat about 4 to six weeks before going and immediately use bonus time to book Fri and Sat. (this has failed me only one time in 15 years)

Another secret is flexibility. If you planning a trip when everyone else wants to go (high red season), you will not only have a harder time reserving, you will also spend a lot more points. I plan most of my trips during off seasons for a lot less points. The place you want to go in the high red season may be 3,000 per night but may only be 500 points in the blue or white. I booked 1 week at Big Sky for 2000 points a WEEK during the middle of May. That was a week worth of traveling to Yellowstone without having to deal with the crowds for $120 for me.

Still other tricks are to use RCI and Select Connections when nothing is available through Bluegreen. You can use either points or pay cash (usually $400 or less for RCI)

If you need more points, I'd go through resale on the Internet. I've seen some amazing bargains (pennies on the dollar). Keep in mind you will be paying higher maintenance fees.

Currently, I have 10 places booked through December and points to spare. Hope this helps.

Forestt C.
Jun 18, 2015

Melanie, what I did to research was check that they were in fact licensed and bonded then I looked up the complaints with the BBB and agreed with my salesperson that they would have manh more complaints if they weren't actually getting the job done. I took a chance and it's been paying off for me. Through CTN I just recently had 3 rentals with my RCI guest certificates that only cost $59 to put the renters name on it so I'm not liable for any damages. There's lots of red tape with timeshare and if you rent these out without broadcasting that your doing so and be sure that the renters are your "guests" then you'll be perfectly fine. The customer service has been great and David, my rep has been giving me great advice on how to go about continuing to negotiate the offers. Hope this helps.

Richard D.
Jun 18, 2015

Richard -

It is against the policies of RCI and Interval International to rent out weeks obtained through their system. Doing so may cause your membership to be terminated and the week you obtained to be frozen so your tenant would be unable to use it.

If you have further questions, please Contact Us

Phyllis

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Jun 19, 2015

Keyword - "may." It is against my own personal policy to not benefit as much as I can with what I was sold. The ease of use and size of units that I could Get with my points was highly exaggerated to the point that I wish I would have never purchased. Since I did, I will do what needs to be done in order to get back my investment and not have to pay maintenance fees out if my own pocket. As long as it's a "guest"'in my unit I will be fine and so will the membership, but thank you for your concern it is greatly appreciated.

Richard D.
Aug 12, 2016

Hi Pauline, I was asked to join this network as well. And I thought it to be a good idea, have you still been seeing success?

Jess T.
Aug 12, 2016

Hey Melanie, are you still having success?

Jess T.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.