Ask RedWeek

Corporate Timeshare Network - rental or sales

Aug 13, 2016

jesst10 wrote:
I was asked to join this network as well. And I thought it to be a good idea, have you still been seeing success?

What are you hoping to accomplish by joining this network? What are they promising you and for how much?

As has been shown already in this thread, this company looks like a scam.

Lance C.
Oct 13, 2016

What a hilarious hoot!!

These clowns call RCI /II members, telling members - hey you can sell the weeks that don't belong to you, the ones that still belong to RCI/II that they can't rent out,... Oh ! and by T&C of both exchanges these " weeks must not be used for commercial profit, yet Corporate Timeshare Network can rent out to corporate customers for thousands, but the mighty exchanges have to practically give the weeks away

Huh???!!! Anything wrong with that picture ???

They musta bought the infamous " dumbest as dirt" data because corporations are about as likely to rent blocks of RCI/II Guest Certificate Weeks as I am of being elected the next Pope !!

tracey75 wrote:
Oh Richard, You are obviously a shill. RCI doesn't allow you to rent out exchanges or extra vacations. What in the world is the $399 to RCI for?

Zigmonia S.
Mar 01, 2017

I was contacted by them and paid 600 for 2 getaway weeks 2 months ago. They said 90 days is the time line. I'm hoping this is not a scam. You are positive they are legit? This is corporate timeshare network llc?

richardd612 wrote:
Hi Pauline,

I too was skeptical when contacted by this company. It sounded too good to be true but while I was at Club 36 in Vegas, I was speaking with a gentleman who had used them before and he had good things to say about them so I gave it a shot and paid their registration fee. About two months later I was able to rent out two getaways. It was a pretty smooth process and I profited 1150 after the 399 fee was paid to RCI. I did get a few offers after that but they were not what I was hoping for. One was for 900 and the other for 1150 which after deducting the 399 fee would not have been enough for me. I am still waiting for more offers. Its been about 4 months now. Overall Im pretty happy with them. Hope this Helps

Julia T.
Mar 02, 2017

juliat69 wrote:
I was contacted by them and paid 600 for 2 getaway weeks 2 months ago. They said 90 days is the time line. I'm hoping this is not a scam.

What do you mean by you "paid 600 for 2 getaway weeks"? Does this mean that you paid them $600 so you could stay in a resort for two weeks or does it mean that you paid $600 for them to rent out your 2 Getaway weeks and then they would forward you the amount of the rental?

The fact that they contacted you first likely indicates a scam. What did they tell you they would do for you if you paid them $600?

Lance C.
Apr 12, 2017

I checked the BBB and CTN has an F rating with 60 complaints and 15 out of 16 negative reviews and that's just South Florida. They all say the same thing. We paid up front and now no one will call us back. Avoid them like the plague.

Rich S.
Apr 14, 2017

I have been a member of them for 2 years and still have not made 1 sale , I am very discouraged with them. It cost me $1499 to sign up and they will not refund my money! do not use them

Cindra E.
Jun 02, 2017

Just today received a call from Corporate timeshare regarding so called get away weeks which no I couldn't use but was told they could rent my weeks out for 1800. to 2100 per week. And yes once I started thinking about what I had just done (signing up with them) now I want to cancel the deal and say NO to this bogus deal. I understand that I have 10 days in which I can cancel the deal. My question is are they going to give me a hard time once I call them to cancel this deal and are they going to give me another pitch in the great deal I am letting go?

cindrae wrote:
I have been a member of them for 2 years and still have not made 1 sale , I am very discouraged with them. It cost me $1499 to sign up and they will not refund my money! do not use them

Marge D.
Jun 02, 2017

marged21 wrote:
Just today received a call from Corporate timeshare regarding so called get away weeks which no I couldn't use but was told they could rent my weeks out for 1800. to 2100 per week. And yes once I started thinking about what I had just done (signing up with them) now I want to cancel the deal and say NO to this bogus deal. I understand that I have 10 days in which I can cancel the deal. My question is are they going to give me a hard time once I call them to cancel this deal and are they going to give me another pitch in the great deal I am letting go?

Have you paid them any money yet? If so, don't count on the 10 days to cancel the deal. You have been scammed. You will not see that money back.

I hope you have not paid them any money. You do not own any get away weeks to rent out. That is a line that a lot of scam artists use. Also, the fact that you received an unexpected telemarketing call from them is another tell-tale sign of a scam.

Lance C.
Jun 03, 2017

marged21 wrote:

Unfortunately, you were told complete lies and nonsense and apparently fell for the "pitch". If you used a credit card to make this mistake, contact your credit card issuer immediately and file a formal dispute of all associated charges. Unlikely to succeed, but make the effort. As correctly stated in the post above, you have been scammed.

If you can cancel the contract (which I frankly doubt), do so immediately. It is highly unlikely that you can cancel by phone, if you can cancel at all. You probably have to cancel in writing and under signature, but if you conducted this unfortunate transaction entirely over the phone, you probably do not even have an address. Good luck --- you will need LOTS of it.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Aug 03, 2017 03:50 AM

Jun 29, 2017

I was contacted by CTN with the same pitch as above. I contacted Interval who told me in no uncertain terms that renting of Getaway Weeks is not allowed, so I didn't enter into a contract with them. What make me suspicious was the sense of urgency with which CTN bestowed. Major red flag. I did also research on Redweek and found this forum which confirmed my suspicion.

Andrew L.
Aug 02, 2017

Extremely slick scammers. If I had not had a telephone call center job myself, in which I have to make a decision on any caller's credibility and legitimacy within seconds, I might have fallen for it. Avoid them like the plague. Stay absolutely clear of them. They have nothing to do with any real time share business !!

Surf M.

Last edited by surfm on Aug 02, 2017 01:59 PM

Sep 02, 2017

RCI officially rated and listed them, The Corporate Timeshare Network, as scammers: Check this out: www.dailymanagementresorts.com RCI entry on 8-3-2017 "Scam Warning .... " So, stay away from them !! They're selling you hot air.

Surf M.

Last edited by surfm on Sep 02, 2017 11:51 PM

Sep 13, 2017

The above two posts by surfm really tell you all that you need to know. CTN is not a legitimate business or enterprise --- it never was and it never will be. If you should ever be contacted by these thieving parasites, the only response or sound they should hear at their end is the "click" of you immediately hanging up the phone and disconnecting the call.

There is an old saying that "a fool and his money are soon parted". Don't be one of those people who keep proving that old saying to be absolutely true. Forewarned is forearmed.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Sep 14, 2017 08:53 AM

Nov 16, 2017

I too have been contactedBy this company promising me $5000 But I have to come up with 500 up front is a scam ????Help help help

Elaine H.
Nov 16, 2017

It's a SCAM !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don P.
Nov 17, 2017

elaineh188 wrote:
I too have been contactedBy this company promising me $5000 But I have to come up with 500 up front is a scam ????Help help help

Yes, of course it's a scam. You don't really need any "help", you simply need to ignore these deceitful parasites and ignore all of their assorted lies, fairy tales and requests for money.

Think about it --- why would ANY legitimate buyer ask for money FROM a seller? Buyers PAY money and sellers RECEIVE money. It's really quite simple and any deviation from that very simple logic and very straightforward process is a very clear indication of a scam operation. It isn't rocket science --- an alleged buyer asking for money screams SCAM, loud and clear.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Nov 18, 2017 09:19 AM

Dec 11, 2017

Thank You Guys so much for this site I thought I was not going the find any help on the CTN topic I am joining REDWEEK because of you guys If you guys had not posted your experiences I could have every well been a victim tonight. Thanks so much.

William M.
Dec 15, 2017

They tried me again .... Unbelievable. I think, the girl who called me, was in shock, when I immediately and calmly explained to her that RCI had officially listed their business as a scam company. Doesn't it click with people, when the owners' timeshare management company has publicly shot them down as scammers ? Do you really need to go to court over this nonsense ?

Surf M.
Dec 18, 2017

surfm wrote:
They tried me again .... Unbelievable. I think, the girl who called me, was in shock, when I immediately and calmly explained to her that RCI had officially listed their business as a scam company. Doesn't it click with people, when the owners' timeshare management company has publicly shot them down as scammers ? Do you really need to go to court over this nonsense ?

Keep in mind that "phone scammer" operations like this rely upon gullible people believing their claims, not doing any homework and just promptly agreeing to "pony up". You'd never even FIND them, let alone get them into a courtroom. It's purely a phone based scam.

Parasites like these depend upon the reliability of that old saying --- "There's a sucker born every minute". Good on 'ya for not becoming one of those unfortunate suckers. These scammers will just keep calling until they manage to "hook" a sucker. Sadly, they will!

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Dec 19, 2017 05:06 AM

Dec 29, 2017

I was contacted today. I researched and find this forum. Thanks guys!

Vincent V.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.