Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Preston Green / Vacation Homes Only FRAUD Warning

Feb 17, 2015

I want to warn all of my experience with Preston Green/Vacation Homes only. We rented a 1 bedroom unit at Marriott Maui Ocean club for Christmas week 2014. Reservation was made in October. Despite numerous emails and calls regarding no confirmation available through marriott and my discovery that we were listed down as having a lockoff/studio only, Preston Green reassured me that our reservation would be in order as promised at the time of check in. We arrived for checkin to discover that indeed Marriott only had us for the lock off/studio not the promised one bedroom full kitchen unit promised and paid for through vacation homes only. We immediately contacted Vacation Homes only and were told by Preston Green that apparently the owner he purchases the unit from was not abiding their contract and we had to hope that upon arrival he would change his mind. He didn't, my family spent the week in the lock off unit and made a formal request/demand for a partial refund from Preston Green and Vacation Homes only. After being told the matter would be turned over to administration I have received nothing and now no response to my e-mail. Beware of renting or selling to Preston Green and or Vacation Homes Only.

Jason S.

Last edited by jasons139 on Feb 23, 2020 11:12 PM

Mar 29, 2015

We, too, rented from Preston Green and Vacation Homes Only. We rented two weeks at the JW Marriott Villas I through Mr. Green. We booked the trip almost one year in advance, and were given dates by Mr. Green as to when he could secure the two weeks of our timeshare. We received no confirmation number as is his practice. When it came time to use the timeshare weeks, we called the Marriott and were told that we were unable to get into the Villas I, as no reservations were booked there. We got into the Villas II, however our week began two days earlier than we were told. The second week actually started three days earlier, overlapping with week one. Preston "took full responsibility" and assured us that he would get everything worked out and told us "not to worry". This seems to be a common theme with him. After too many calls and unreturned messages to count, we finally booked our last three nights ourselves and had to pay over $1,500 to do so. Preston claimed that he had the three extra nights taken care of, but the Marriott told me that he had us booked in a different unit each night and we would not get a two bedroom unit, but rather that our family would be splitting up. I told Preston that I would like our money back for the second week (approximately $2,000) since he broke our contract. After lengthy arguments, he agreed to that. I have not heard, not received anything since then despite my emails and voice mails. My advice to anyone choosing to use Mr. Preston Green and Vacation Homes Only: think before you pay - you have been warned.

Margaret H.
Mar 29, 2015

We are in the process of retaining an attorney now.

Margaret H.

Last edited by margareth277 on Apr 02, 2015 05:30 AM

Apr 01, 2015

I have a similar story. My family booked 3 deluxe condos at the Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach in Cabo starting Dec 29 2014 for 7 nights. When we arrived (14 people including 8 children) we only had one 2 bedroom suite. Preston made many excuses and finally we got a suite in another hotel. After 2 days our problems were somewhat resolved. However, we never received the rooms we paid for. We were also terribly inconvenienced. We've had several conversations and emails to him where he has promised a partial refund, however we haven't seen any real money. I would be interested in suing him, also. I'm afraid it may be a great waste of time because he's probably hiding behind some corporation. I would advise everyone to avoid booking with him at all costs. He is certainly a sociopath. He has no concern about the clients he's cheating. Its a shame because most of us were travelling with small children and with the possibility of not finding any rooms.

margareth277 wrote:
Have you heard anything or pursued anything since? We are in the midst of starting legal action.

Ferne G.
Apr 01, 2015

I haven't heard from Preston for at least 2 weeks. Are you suing him personally or VHO? I think they are one in the same. I think he is a one man show.

ferneg wrote:
I have a similar story. My family booked 3 deluxe condos at the Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach in Cabo starting Dec 29 2014 for 7 nights. When we arrived (14 people including 8 children) we only had one 2 bedroom suite. Preston made many excuses and finally we got a suite in another hotel. After 2 days our problems were somewhat resolved. However, we never received the rooms we paid for. We were also terribly inconvenienced. We've had several conversations and emails to him where he has promised a partial refund, however we haven't seen any real money. I would be interested in suing him, also. I'm afraid it may be a great waste of time because he's probably hiding behind some corporation. I would advise everyone to avoid booking with him at all costs. He is certainly a sociopath. He has no concern about the clients he's cheating. Its a shame because most of us were travelling with small children and with the possibility of not finding any rooms.

margareth277 wrote:
Have you heard anything or pursued anything since? We are in the midst of starting legal action.

Ferne G.
Apr 02, 2015

I agree, I get the feeling that he is a one man show as well. I filed a complaint with the Business Consumer Alliance. They contact Preston and try to get a resolution. I have also contacted our attorney and he is in the midst of drawing up a complaint too. It will probably cost more to sue him than we will get back, but on principle I can't let it go. Also, taking to the web in forums such as this will help others to make an informed decision before booking with him. Social media really matters these days, had I seen posts like these I would have never used VHO.

Margaret H.

Last edited by margareth277 on Apr 02, 2015 05:31 AM

Apr 02, 2015

I also gave a review on their Facebook page, btw. I have been posting questions to him via Facebook (public postings) which is the only way I have gotten a response so far.

Margaret H.

Last edited by margareth277 on Apr 02, 2015 05:53 AM

Apr 02, 2015

I agree that posting on social media may be the only way to get any satisfaction with Preston Green. I'm going to go post a review on the Business Consumer Alliance and his website as well. I understand how you feel about him. Its infuriating that he repeats his fraud and gets away with it. Please keep me posted, if you can think of anything else I can do. My husband is going to try and find a valid business address for his company and possibly look into a lawsuit as well.

Ferne G.
Apr 02, 2015

I want to thank you for posting your comments about these rental companies. It seems like they are all small operations run out of people's homes. Unfortunately there is no way to really check them out completely. I know that I will never use one of their services after reading these posts. You have probably saved others from falling victim to their shady practices.

Don P.
Apr 03, 2015

It is also interesting that these individuals/companies (I am lumping P. Green with T. Williams) have been around 5 plus years doing hundreds of transactions with fairly minor complaints and all of the sudden their business model seems to be completely falling apart and these individuals are going radio silent leaving renters high and dry.

Hopefully Redweek has pulled the ads from these individuals and not repost them unless all the complaints can be cleared.

Tracey S.

Last edited by tracey75 on Apr 03, 2015 08:48 AM

Apr 14, 2015

Vacation Homes Only & Preston Green - had a horrible experience. (April 4-11, 2015 at Maui Marriott Ocean Club) Contract indicates he does not provide confirmation info. until the day of check in. It wasn't there until 3 hours before our check in. I paid for a 2 bedroom 3 bath unit, and received a 2 bedroom/2 bath, and separate one bedroom unit. We had to move from room to room. Very disappointing service, as all the money was paid in advance. Highly advise NOT doing any business with Vacation Homes Only or Preston Green.

Dana N.
Apr 17, 2015

Wow, thank you all for these warnings regarding Preston Green. I just joined Redweek last night and responded right away to an ad regarding a timeshare rental my family is interested in. Preston called me today and I was discussing various potential Maui rentals with him before I saw these posts tonight. Now I know better than to deal with him, thanks to all of you! You've spared us a big headache and I'm very grateful.

Elizabeth K.
Jun 09, 2015

Hi

I recently rented Barony Beach from Preston Green (Vacation Homes Only). So it seems you did have your rental available. The information just did not show up until 3 hours before you were to check-in? We rented a 2 bed, 2 bath Garden View. Barony Beach only offers 2 bed/2 bath and either Garden, Oceanside or Oceanfront. My price was comparable to some others I have been seeing that had already been rented (seen at Redweek, Vacation Candy and few other sites). My only concern is possibly not getting the confirmation so late in the game as I have a 3 year old and another who will just turn 1 and need high chair and pack n play and Marriott will not provide if I am not on reservation and they have limited supply.

Gary R.

Last edited by garyr397 on Jun 09, 2015 07:49 AM

Jun 09, 2015

Like I said before even a broken clock gets it right twice a day. He shouldn't get praise for doing his job right that's what you paid him to do. The horror stories should never happen. We're still waiting to hear if Margaret got her refund that she was promised after he screwed up her vacation.

Don P.
Jun 10, 2015

Good luck Margaret on getting your refund from Preston Green.

My problem with just getting a refund is not all that you are out.

For me when I had a problem with a Marriott rental I had. I had to spend almost 4+ hrs moving my stuff and another 6 hrs out of my room, well what Marriott did is they complemented me with a free day and meal tickets for my family. Are you getting anything else for your problems or just a refund?

You should get your refund because Preston states in his new and updated listing.

"**Secure Transaction / Escrow Guaranteed- No Extra Charge. Included in Price.**"

But it does not say we stand behind our rentals or guarantee refunds. Good Luck.

I hope Redweek follows these posting.

Paul P.

Last edited by paulp154 on Jun 10, 2015 11:36 AM

Jun 10, 2015

Yes Paul, I agree! This literally ruined our vacation as I learned of the mistakes right away so I spent a good part of the two weeks trying to get it worked out. Marriott was incredibly helpful and sympathetic to our situation, but in the end there was only so much they could do as it was during a tournament and all accommodations were tied up. As an aside, my refund will ONLY cover our extra expense that we paid out of our own pocket so we could be assured that we would have a place to stay. We are actually only trying to get REIMBURISED for our extra costs to say nothing of our original payment or time and stress due to non-compliance of our agreement.

These agreements are only ironclad insofar as they protect Vacation Homes Only. They get paid upfront (in our case, a year) and they apparently try to find accommodations for you later, thus why they won't give you a confirmation number - they don't have one.

So again, my latest communication is that "The check is in the mail". Perhaps going by pony express. I'll keep everyone posted.

Margaret H.
Jun 25, 2015

Please update these entries:

As of yesterday, I received a check in the mail from Preston Green. It took three months and much stalling, but I am happy to report that it finally came. I deposited it yesterday and we are anxiously awaiting it to clear! In the meantime, I did contact Redweek and urged them to familiarize themselves with the forum posts regarding Vacation Homes Only and Preston Green. They assured me that they were looking into all of the issues and would take appropriate action.

To the gentleman and/or lady that had a wonderful experience, that's great! I do need to say however, that we too had previous positive experiences as well. However, you cannot count on that, so people should be aware that oftentimes this is not the case. When you spend vacation money and take time off to go on a trip, you should be able to depend on your accommodations and enjoy your time. Both Redweek and the consumers have a right to make informed decisions regarding who they do business with. Everyone gets it wrong once in a while, but the frequency, the arrogance and the excuses should not necessarily be accepted. Maybe discussions such as these will help make companies such as VHO more accountable.

To the people who have so kindly shared their experiences and been so supportive, I thank you. It is not fun to spend valuable time on this, and I believe we are all investing ourselves to help others. So, thanks again and fingers crossed that the check clears. I will keep you posted!

From Margret Hanlon who replied to another Forum to update but not this one.

Happy Travels

Vacation Homes Only

Preston G.
Jun 25, 2015

Dear Mr. Craig.

We strongly suggest you modify the Title of this Forum and your statements regarding the use of the word "Fraud" and Mr. Greens name. It is internet libel and we will pursue you to the full extent of the law. It is strongly suggested that you speak to your attorney. You will have seven days from this reply to remove or modify your remarks.

Vacation Homes Only

Preston G.
Jun 25, 2015

Response to this Original Forum Title and Post from: by "jasons139"

We just discovered this Forum comments on this particular rental.

This gentleman ("Jasons139") knows for a fact that this issue with the assignment of a Studio unit instead of the 1bedroom side of the lock out was because the OWNER breached the contract and refused to give our client (Jasons139) the 1bedroom side of the lock out that we had under a "non-cancelable" contract for his use.

We have a signed contract for a 1BEDROOM (NOT A STUDIO) unit from the OWNER for (Jasons139)'s booking.

The OWNER made a mistake and THE OWNER refused to make it right. We are taking him to court right now because of this situation on our behalf and our client (Jasons139)'s behalf.

For our client (Jasons139 & the creator and author of this Forum Section) to use the word "Fraud" (by us) is preposterous, libelous, and factually untrue. He knew exactly what happened and has not made that clear here. He (Jason139) has now exposed himself to a clear cut indefensible libelous suit his attorneys are sure to counsel him to settle quickly before he looses more of his net worth.

While forums can be helpful, the ABUSE in some forums and the lack of "VETTED"facts can be misleading, deleterious to all, costly for some who get financial judgements against them, and causes unwarranted consumer fear.

We have always maintained that we are backing our client up and will make things right. We have requested a refund from the owner and the owner has not responded. We are taking the next legal steps necessary. It is a simple and clear breach of contract.

We strongly suggest you (Jasons139 & the creator and author of this Forum Section) modify your statements regarding the use of the word "Fraud" and Mr. Greens name. It is internet libel and we will pursue you to the full extent of the law. It is strongly suggested that you speak to your attorney. You will have seven days from this reply dated:Jun 25, 2015, to remove or modify your remarks.

Happy Travels

Vacation Homes Only.

Preston G.

Last edited by vacationhomesonly on Aug 16, 2015 07:51 PM

Jun 25, 2015

Pleas do not lump us in or associate us with any other businesses or individuals. It is not fair, it is not right, and not ethical.

Using the word radio silence with respect to our company is no where near the truth. Any one, customer, owner, or anyone who says that we are not reachable or contactable is not accurate. We have a toll free number and a 24hr booking and emergency check in line. Regular customer service calls are returned as quickly as possible. All companies get busy but we reply to all correspondence as quickly as possible and we are always reachable during regular business hour by a live person unless all representatives are tied up with other callers.

Please do not use these forums for speculation, innuendo, and baseless opinions. It is not fair and it is not right.

Thank you.

Happy Travels

Vacation Homes Only

Preston G.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.