Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

5 Stars Vacation Rentals

Apr 15, 2015

Any one have any dealings with this Company or with the property manager Angela Rachael? I was in contact with Angela back in November of 2014 to have her book a condo for me at the Wyndham Ocean Walk in Daytona Beach Florida. This was for the NCA College Cheerleading Nationals. Angela was helpful in setting up a link I could provide for other parents wanting to stay at the Ocean Walk during Nationals. All in all, I believe around 10 different individuals booked Condos at the Ocean Walk through 5 Stars Vacation Rentals and Angela Rachael. The condo I paid in full in February was for a three bedroom deluxe Ocean View from April 7 through April 14th. I tried contacting Angela (phone, text and email) on several occasions to find out about a confirmation number for check in. There was always an excuse for having to "get back to me" ie: car accident, surgery, family vacation, food poisoning, her daughter's 3rd birthday. I was assured ( as was the other families) this was all taken care of and I would be able to check in at the Ocean Walk. Long story short, I rented another condo on April 2nd, at the suggestion of Angela, as she could not supply me with a confirmation number for the nights I needed. Once I was able to check in to the Ocean Walk, I was only able to get a 2 bedroom condo (awkward with one single dad staying with 4 married woman) and had to move out of the room into another room 3 different times. I was actually one of the lucky ones though. One lady (booked through Angela and paid in full for the week) was made to check out of the Ocean Walk on Wednesday evening. if you know anything about this competition and the fact that it is Spring Break week, there was nowhere for this lady to go. I found her getting ready to sleep in her car. When this lady tried to contact Angela by phone and text and email to find out what she should do, Angela finally replied by text asking the lady to give Angela a break. Angela was "trying to feed her children and put them to bed". I am trying to find if anyone else has had dealings with this lady and company. Would love to hear your story...

Michelle O.
Mar 21, 2016

Yes as many others have I paid a deposit in January for a Spring break trip for my family and when I went to pay the balance via PayPal I sent a email to Angela asking for a confirmation and she responded the condo would supply me with the when I arrived. Fortunately I have rented from another respectful, honest owner and I knew that was a red flag because I always had confirmation paperwork etc to check in. So I contacted the resort and by my surprise the manager immediately told me that Angela had took reservations for a newly wed couple online and the couple had showed up and had no reservations. The manager said do not give her another dime. I then contacted Angela and she would not respond until I had her PayPal funds frozen and opened a dispute of fraud and for a refund. She then messaged me to give her a break that her grandmother had died conveniently that morning and unlike me she had kids and a family to tend to. She is being investigated by the authorities now and I will be notified when she is obtained. Fortunately I got my money back but I feel bad for people who have not. BEWARE of this woman

Tonya P.
Mar 22, 2016

Toneyap75 This happened a year ago and I still have nightmares about it and how I exposed so many people to her. A week after my ordeal Angela also had the audacity to post on her FB page: "Taking a long weekend after the last week. Holy crap never had an experience with such rude and psychotic tenets in my life! Wow." We weren't rude or psychotic. Some of my group Angela had taken money from for a condo in Daytona were sleeping in their cars because they had no place to go .I am so happy you got your money back. Unfortunately, I lost my $1400.00 and when I contacted a lawyer about it, I found I would have to take her to court in South Carolina. That would cost me more than the $1400.00 I lost. I am a firm believer in Karma and I am happy to know that Angela Raphael is being investigated and hopefully put out of business soon. Her boyfriend (at least last year at this time) works at the Wyndham Resorts headquarters and I hope he is not involved in her scams as well.

tonyap75 wrote:
Yes as many others have I paid a deposit in January for a Spring break trip for my family and when I went to pay the balance via PayPal I sent a email to Angela asking for a confirmation and she responded the condo would supply me with the when I arrived. Fortunately I have rented from another respectful, honest owner and I knew that was a red flag because I always had confirmation paperwork etc to check in. So I contacted the resort and by my surprise the manager immediately told me that Angela had took reservations for a newly wed couple online and the couple had showed up and had no reservations. The manager said do not give her another dime. I then contacted Angela and she would not respond until I had her PayPal funds frozen and opened a dispute of fraud and for a refund. She then messaged me to give her a break that her grandmother had died conveniently that morning and unlike me she had kids and a family to tend to. She is being investigated by the authorities now and I will be notified when she is obtained. Fortunately I got my money back but I feel bad for people who have not. BEWARE of this woman

Michelle O.
Mar 22, 2016

Make sure to also report her to Redweek so her membership can be revoked and she can no longer advertise here.

Tracey S.
Mar 22, 2016

The answer to your question is yes, having dealings right now and not good ones. We are on the flip side, owners who have given her some points to rent out, but we have never received any checks from her. She always has an excuse...grandmother died, at movies with son, helping mother clear out her grandmother's things, lost in the mail, mailed a second check Saturday should be there any day, etc. We have talked to her on the phone and texts.

We met a woman at Ocean Walk in Daytona Beach who claimed to be from Tennessee and gave us Angela's phone number. We felt lucky, but if something is too good to be true, it probably is.

I feel sorry for these people. They lost money and had to sleep in their cars. This needs to stop. How does one report timeshare fraud? And to whom?

We filled out a "contract" with her, but the form didn't allow us to print a copy for ourselves, so we don't have a copy. One thing I remember reading was if we canceled we had to give her 21 days notice, but in our minds that doesn't apply if she is not keeping her part of the contract.

Diane R.
Mar 22, 2016

I understand your problem with Angela Rachael. Last year, On the day I was to fly to Daytona, I still didn't have confirmation my group had a place to stay for our time in Daytona. And just an FYI, according to her FB page Angela Rachael doesn't have a son, so that excuse right there is a lie. I can only tell you last year at this time, I was in a complete panic trying to find accommodations for my group. It was my last year for the competition and was completely ruined because of Angela. Karma is a ***** and I hope someday it bites Angela in the butt! HARD!

Michelle O.
Mar 23, 2016

So sorry this happened to you and to others. A reputable owner who rents out points toward a condo will always give you a confirmation number.

This has caused my husband and I considerable stress, and we haven't been quite in agreement on how to deal with it. My husband has talked to her on the phone and has wanted to trust her. I then found these comments and he has started to see.

I am a Christian, and feel perhaps God is directing me to step in to do something about this, because people are going to continue to be hurt, not to mention the effect this will ultimately have on Angela and the children she has. While with Jesus behind me, I can do anything, but perhaps His plan isn't that I work alone. I give it to Him.

Diane R.
Mar 23, 2016

Tonyap75. As I have explained in a couple of other posts, we are currently having problems with her. You can read those if you wish.

Diane R.

Last edited by dianer459 on Mar 23, 2016 04:04 AM

Mar 23, 2016

No message

Diane R.

Last edited by dianer459 on Mar 24, 2016 12:35 PM

Mar 23, 2016

Also, is it possible for any of us who would choose to connect through email to exchange that information without having to reveal it here?

Diane R.
Mar 23, 2016

My email is michelle@odellequipment.com I'm happy to talk to anyone about this lady. I lost a ton of money and don't want it to happen to anyone else because of Angela

Michelle O.
Mar 23, 2016

Yes I do. I won't share the name here, but email me or just check her Facebook page. Some of her FB posts I find quite amusing. She speaks of scams and protecting renters. I know 10 families that would laugh at her for this posts

Michelle O.
Mar 23, 2016

I am not sure how to do that. I tried reporting her the the South Carolina BBB however, neither she or her business are registered with the state or with the realtors and renters people. Can't remember what that group is called. Tell me how to report heart and I will be happy to. I know the Wyndham Ocean Walk said they would never deal with her again.

Michelle O.
May 12, 2016

You can find world class resorts in Orange beach city with all the all the amenities and facilities of luxury resort living

Carlos W.
May 12, 2016

carlosw21 wrote:
You can find world class resorts in Orange beach city with all the all the amenities and facilities of luxury resort living

I wish you would stop spamming multiple topics with non relevant advertising for your resort.

Tracey S.
Jun 22, 2016

I emailed you.

Luna S.
Jun 24, 2016

So, as normal, we planned a summer vacation! We were super excited about our upcoming departure! We were to leave late Saturday night and arrive to Myrtle Beach on Sunday morning!! We planned our trip through 5 Stars Vacation Rentals and a lady (owner/operator) Angela Rachael (last name probably Trimbach- as further investigations on my part uncovered) ... Now normally we go through Condo World or Grand Strands, but this lady was so helpful in our vacation troubles last year that we decided to book directly through her. So weeks prior to our trip she had been extremely available and helpful by upgrading our rooms and keeping us informed.... However, as our vacation time started closing in, she became very busy and UNavailable-stating that she was sorry because she had a lot going on in her personal life with her mom being diagnosed with cancer and blah blah blah .... However our names should be in the system within 48 hours- that was 4 days ago and the last time we spoke with her! Needless to say, we decided to investigate further... under further investigation this lady has done this to many people giving the same type of excuses that she gave us! ... Now, she has worked with the hotels that we contacted, but they've had some troubles with her in the past-as we have had!! We have records of invoices/texts shared/emails stating that we had booked a Wyndham property (2-2bedroom apartments), but again when we contacted Wyndham there were NO reservations in any of our names! It is a shame that you plan to spend a great and quality vacation with your family using your hard earned money, and it is STOLEN from you! As of last night Ken and I received our money IN FULL from the lady ... However, our friends who have booked right along with us, have yet to receive their money! This "business" may have had some success with renters at one point in time, but as of lately and as for our experience, it is a terrible place and I want to make people aware so that this doesn't continue happening to others!! This business also advertises for Florida vacations...So please share to spread the word!! As for us, we are planning a later vacation through a REPUTABLE business.

Teri M.
Jun 24, 2016

I am so sorry you have gone through this with Angela and 5 Stars Vacation. Unfortunately, your story sounds very similar to mine and about 10 other people I personally know. I do have a source in Myrtle Beach SC that are trying to get enough evidence/complaints to shut Angela down and possibly recoup some of the lost money. Please contact me via email at michelle@odellequipment.com and I will be happy to share this contact information with you.

I personally thought I had put this in the past since it happened to me 2 years ago. But since my original post in April, I have been contacted by numerous people she has pulled the same tricks on.

Hopefully we can get her stopped. Her business is not registered in South Carolina at all. I did try to put a complaint in with the local BBB. But they could not help me. Michelle

Michelle O.
Jun 25, 2016

File complaints with the Attorney General. Make sure everyone else files complaints. When they see a pattern and enough complaints they will go after her.

Don P.
Jun 27, 2016

We have "dealt" with the fradulent Angela. We are Wyndham owners and gave her some points to rent out which she did but never paid us for. We became very Leary of her and cut off her access to the points before she was quite finished renting all of the ones we gave her. She is very dishonest, and No One should ever deal with her.

Our points renew October 1. We are just glad she is out of our lives, but want to make sure everyone is protected from her. We plan to do what is possible without involving ourselves in anything else fradulent.

Diane R.

Last edited by dianer459 on Jun 27, 2016 05:30 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.