Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas North

Apr 20, 2015

My wife and I have just recently returned from a stay at the Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas North on Maui. We are considering purchasing a week on the resale market. Has anyone purchased at this resort on the resale market? Has Starwood's right to first refusal made a purchase difficult? How do you believe the opening of the new Westin property in 2017 will affect resale price in the near future? What has been your experience of renting your timeshare at this resort? Any advice you might have would be greatly appreciated as we consider purchasing. Thanks!

Matt E.
Apr 21, 2015

Why obligate yourself to a lifetime of ever increasing maintenance fees and assessments when you can rent from an owner sometimes for less than they pay in fees. The other issue you will find if you read through some threads in here is that there seems to be a big problem booking a desirable vacation for owners. A lot of owners complain that it is difficult to get the weeks that they want even booking a year in advance.

Don P.
Jan 10, 2023

I would like to speak to a Red Week representative about my options about a timeshare and also about a rental. Please reply.

Gary P.
Jan 11, 2023

To speak with one of our customer care representatives, please call 1-866-971-1737 between 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. Pacific time, Monday through Friday.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.