Timeshare Companies

Suitelife Vacations anyone?

Sep 11, 2017

Who is the attorney that you used? Hoping to speak to someone that already has knowledge about this.

Nicole M.
Sep 11, 2017

I had never heard of Suite Life Vacation Club, but there has been some very recent discussion of this entity in the discussion forums over on Timeshare Users Group (TUG).

SuiteLife VC is apparently based in Ontario, Canada. Several TUG members who advertised their owned units for rent have apparently been contacted by a Suite Life rep claiming to have "a member very interested in your advertised rental". One TUG member / timeshare owner claims to have had several previous successful transactions with SLVC with no problems, receiving prompt advance payment for the rentals. The other TUG poster / timeshare owner claims that Suite Life "bailed" on an advertised rental they inquired about when it came time to have the would-be tenants sign the owner's (boiler plate) rental agreement (which SLVC neither saw nor requested to see). Two isolated experiences certainly does not constitute a "history", but I mention this at all simply because both reports occurred within just the past week or two, for whatever that's worth. Both posts were by timeshare owners who had advertised their weeks for rent, NOT by "members" of whatever it is that Suite Life Vacation Club might be.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 08, 2018 08:00 AM

Jan 08, 2018

Has anyone had SuiteLife take legal action take against them to get the yearly fee? It sounds like there are many people that have stopped paying - any ramifications?

Pj G.
Jan 08, 2018

Suitelife should be happy if people don't take legal action against them for their mishandling of properties . I've been following this thread since it started and there seems to be a lot of shady business dealing by Suitelife involving an old business associate that they let have total access to millions of dollars in properties without any security .

Don P.
Jan 17, 2019

I refused to pay their Special Fee they tried to charge everyone a few years ago (for their bad business decision) and have not payed the yearly fee since. They send "invoices" and reminder emails and I just ignore them. Their threats of legal action and sending it to a collection agency that they commonly made years ago are just a bunch of baloney. They know if a case ever went to court and they had to produce their books for discovery, the true nature of their fraud would be revealed. So they just send emails, hope poor idiots will pay, but that's as far as they will take it.

I can ignore their emails as a long as they decide to keep sending them. They will not get one more cent out of me. I hope all other members do the same and they are forced out of business, which is exactly what they deserve..

pjg10 wrote:
Has anyone had SuiteLife take legal action take against them to get the yearly fee? It sounds like there are many people that have stopped paying - any ramifications?

Lou B.
Jan 17, 2019

Right on - same here. They deserve to be gone!

Jerry A.
Jan 17, 2019

Same. I have not paid a yearly fee since they tried to get that Special Fee. Yet every year, I get the email to pay (invoice I guess). Nothing comes of it when I don't. Wonder how they are making money?

Mo R.
Feb 09, 2019

Has anyone here been threatened with collection? Has anything proceeded further than just the threat? I heard some people were given a deadline to pay and if not they would get sent to collections, but never heard back from those people what happened after that.

Jerry A.
Feb 11, 2019

Nope...I only get the email once a year for the yearly fee, other then that, I never hear from them. I almost forgot they existed lmao

Mo R.
Feb 28, 2019

I saw on another forum that they are now threatening to send unpaid accounts to a company called Action Collections. Has anyone been contacted by them or is it just a scare tactic?

mor11 wrote:
You are correct! If they are using Triad, they are just wasting their time with phone calls. They are NOT a registered collection agency, according to the search. This is just a tactic to scare people with calls. If you get a letter from them first, which is what a legit agency must do BEFORE making calls, you can contact the Ontario Protection Agency, provide them with any info that is on the letter (if they have a "claim" number, a "registered" agency number) and see if its legit. If they went with a legit agency, they would have to take a loss if people paid through the agency. They would only get back a certain amount, as they would have to pay the agency. I hope people are reading this thread and are getting informed!

Jerry A.
Feb 28, 2019

You should be suing them for mis spending your funds . They were reckless dealing with properties and then they have the gaul to sue the victims . Go figure .

Don P.
Apr 03, 2019

I received a letter from Action Collections & Receivables Management at 716 Gordon Baker Rd., Toronto, saying we owe $1,500+ for our unpaid account. Has anyone else received a letter? This is a legit agency as I checked with Consumer Protection. Action Collections can't take us to court I believe as they are past the limitation period of 2 years to sue us but it can affect our credit rating.

Christine L.

Last edited by christinel252 on Apr 04, 2019 10:51 AM

Apr 05, 2019

christinel252 Where did you see that there is a limitation period? How do you figure the 2 year period has passed? Didn't Suitelife send you an invoice every year for the maintenance fees, and if so, wouldn't that mean the amount is not stale - ie. past the 2 year period?

I'm also refusing to pay the Suitelife scammers and so may be getting one of these letters.

christinel252 wrote:
I received a letter from Action Collections & Receivables Management at 716 Gordon Baker Rd., Toronto, saying we owe $1,500+ for our unpaid account. Has anyone else received a letter? This is a legit agency as I checked with Consumer Protection. Action Collections can't take us to court I believe as they are past the limitation period of 2 years to sue us but it can affect our credit rating.

Jerry A.
Apr 11, 2019

@christinel252

Any update? What are you planning to do?

Jerry A.
May 13, 2019

This and like companys should be investigated on what they are actually selling. The prices they charge members are no different that those that can be obtained with a little search effort at those same resorts and since SLV offers are first come first serve there is really no advantage to being a member. John Public is a first come first serve buyer. They are selling access with no guarantee and offering prices that are no more competitive than can be found elsewhere. So notwithstanding that most of us regret buying into Suitelife, to me the question is was Suitelife misrepresenting what was being sold by assuming a control on access and pricing that they clearly did not have! In otherwords fraud with a capital F! Someone mentioned a class action? I'm for it if it involves wind up and refund! Refund interest to the lawyers!

Anthony S.
May 14, 2019

Sorry for the late reply Jerry A., but was waiting to see if anyone else in the same situation had responded and what they were going to do. Didn`t see any responses, so am wondering if they are targeting certain members. As it stands, we aren't paying anything more to a fraudulent company who scammed us good. The collection agency continues to send us weekly by email the threatening collection letters. The two year limitation period for Suitelife to sue us expired two years after the last payment was made which was a few years ago. I just researched the limitation period on the internet and checked several sites just to make sure.

Christine L.

Last edited by christinel252 on May 14, 2019 02:13 PM

May 19, 2019

That's interesting. I was emailing with another member that was also refusing to pay fees and even though she had not paid anything for several years (more than 2), they kept sending requests for payment, which she said apparently kept the account from expiring (or whatever you call it when it goes past the 2 year period). The 2 year expiry only counts if they don't keep sending the requests for payment, in other words, if you don't hear from them at all for 2 years then the claim is dead. But if they started sending requests for payment within the 2 years and continue doing so, it's still good. These people are like leeches - they don't give up easily. once they have you After all, the members (victims) paying the yearly maintenance fees are their only source of income these days. I doubt many people are actually booking vacation places through them - their prices are higher than you can get on other web sites. And I don't think they're signing up new members. At a showdown meeting in their office back when they wanted everyone to pay the "Special assessment", they pretty much admitted they spend too much to recruit new members - something like $500 for each one. It was actually kind of hilarious - they were trying to get our sympathy, claiming they aren't making any money and that they were operating as a non-profit organization. Ha-ha, yeah right. No one was buying it. By the way, be careful what you say in here about your own specific situation - I'm pretty sure they monitor this thread and they might increase their efforts against you. And if you're getting collection requests weekly, maybe its time to get some legal advice. A strong letter from a lawyer might get them to back off. Good luck.

christinel252 wrote:
Sorry for the late reply Jerry A., but was waiting to see if anyone else in the same situation had responded and what they were going to do. Didn`t see any responses, so am wondering if they are targeting certain members. As it stands, we aren't paying anything more to a fraudulent company who scammed us good. The collection agency continues to send us weekly by email the threatening collection letters. The two year limitation period for Suitelife to sue us expired two years after the last payment was made which was a few years ago. I just researched the limitation period on the internet and checked several sites just to make sure.

Jerry A.
Jun 15, 2019

In all probability 99% of get out of your timeshare offers are SCAMS. What about the 1% that are not? I took a leap of faith as he suggests above and it paid off. The big issue is how to find the 1%.

Roger F.

Last edited by phyl21 on Jun 16, 2019 08:22 AM

Aug 21, 2019

I also received a letter from Action Collections & Receivables Management despite the fact that we sent them a letter in 2015 requesting to cancel our membership. They kept silence for 3 years and all of a sudden sent me email this year that there is a cancellation fee of $1500 that we have to pay now and it is stated in their rules and regulations which she sent me with her email attachment. I have found the old rules and regulations that they gave me back in 2008 when we purchased the membership. At that time it didn't have any such fee. In my opinion, it is unbelievable to charge a cancellation fee for the services they even can not provide. We are planning to file a legal case against this company in the Small Claims Court in Ontario. If several people join together, we can make a class action and get money from them instead, or, at least to stop all this annoying emails

Faina F.
Aug 22, 2019

Hi everyone, I called to ACTION COLLECTIONS AND RECEIVABLES MANAGEMENT. It is real collection agency and they have files from Suitelife vacations. They can't go to court against us, but they can harm the credit history. Please let me know what you are doing, since I think many people received letters/emails from that collection agency. If anyone is interested to go to Small Claim Court or to file a class action case, please let me know, we will have more chances to win if apply together

Faina F.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.