Timeshare Companies

Vallarta Gardens-VP Services

Jun 10, 2015

We were scammed by Vallarta Gardens in late March when they used a fake company to induce us into signing a contract with them. I want to give the heads up to anyone thinking about signing with them or has recently signed that they have changed their marketing company name to VP Services. The problem is that this "company" is just as fake as the last one.(Berkshire Financial Group) Vallarta Gardens claims VP Services is based out of Brownsville, Texas. A google search of the address shows it as a mall but this mall has no VPS as a resident. (Berkshire was a vacant lot in Oklahoma City) The Texas Secretary of State does have a VPS on their register, however it was incorporated in Texas in 2011 but address is not the same, company is not involved in property management/liquidation, and is located in Lubbock, Texas. Lubbock is located approximately 9.5 hours from Brownsville. The website itself (Vpservices.info) was copyrighted in 2005. The WHOIS information however shows the domain name was not registered until Aug 2013. The company website is set to expire in 5 more months. The site owner has also chosen to hide their name and address by using a proxy service. This has been Vallarta Gardens method of operation going back years. They will sign people by inducing them with a contract with a company that doesn't exist-then down the road tell that contract is no good do to bankruptcy or poor performance (Berkshire). They then try to get you to pay a fee to sign up with the new "company" they have created for you. Looks like VPS will be around for 5 months max or sooner if when word gets out. Companies "address" is on one of the pages if you google vpservices

Thomas B.
Jun 10, 2015

Thanks, will look into it

Thomas B.
Jan 12, 2016

I am from California

Samantha S.
Dec 08, 2016

Please let me know if there is something we ca do! What did you do?

Livier A.
Dec 08, 2016

If anyone, can give me info of what we can do we lost money! Vayarta gardens trick us ito buying from them! We trade in an other timeshare!! Suposubly! As an right know we don't really know what we owen or owe !!

Livier A.
Dec 09, 2016

Can you provide a little more information such as when you purchased, how much you put down, etc.?

It sounds to me like they told you that you could trade in your then-current timeshare and use its supposedly equity value as a down payment towards a more expensive unit. This is a common ploy at Mexican timeshare sales presentations. The problem is your first timeshare really has no resale value, they don't want it, so they try to sound good-hearted and tell you that you can keep your precious timeshare while owning a second one.

Lance C.
Dec 09, 2016

Yes, hi it was back is july of 2015, they even give me 10, 000.00 towards the principal and as a down payment for my old timeshere, and yes the old one was never touch still out responsibility they owe us an other 10,000.00

Livier A.
Sep 14, 2018

Hi just bought last July 2018 from them. After reading about the scam forum. Now I know we fall into the same promises. And all is fake. Is there any chance that we can complain to Profeco and cancel it?

Thank you

Sherby O.
Sep 15, 2018

sherbyo wrote:
Hi just bought last July 2018 from them. After reading about the scam forum. Now I know we fall into the same promises. And all is fake. Is there any chance that we can complain to Profeco and cancel it?

You can complain but chances are slim that Profeco can cancel it. Since you bought two months ago, your rescission period has passed.

How much have you paid into this so far? Your best financial bet would likely be to just stop paying any further and cut your losses. Yes, that's right, losses. You will likely lose what you have already paid into it but at least you will stop further financial bleeding.

The other thing to watch out for is these companies that claim they can "cancel" your purchase or sue the resort. They will just charge you a fee for something you can likely do yourself.

Lance C.
Sep 15, 2018

I paid almost 6,000 already :( how to stop payment ? Will they go sue me if I stop the rest of the pay and sad to say had paid the annuity for SFI london which they said will get a return after 25 yrs.. how can they get away with this fraud.

Sherby O.
Sep 15, 2018

Don't feel embarrassed these people are very good at what they do . They spent a lot of money researching the market to lure victims . There is a reason that this product is sold at presentations when people are in a euphoric state enjoying a much needed vacation . If they tried to sell them on the open market they would go bankrupt .

Let's go over a few points . You said that you have already paid them almost $ 6,000 . I don't know how much you have left to pay but you should weigh your options . If you can take vacations it would be in your best interest to use what you have already paid for . As far as giving them anymore money that is up to you .

I'm sure it's a very nice resort or you wouldn't have bought into it . If you can't use it yourself maybe a friend, family member or co worker can use it to help offset your expenses . My suggestion is to at least get some value for what you have already paid them and then decide if you want to walk away from the rest of your payments .

Good luck and try to make a rational decision rather than an emotional one .

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Sep 15, 2018 01:36 PM

Sep 18, 2018

Thank you so much.. just want to know if anybody knows how to distinguish if their new affiliated company to sell timeshare is legit or not also the annuity company :)

Sherby O.
Oct 09, 2019

i have a time share with Vallarta gardens and have sfilondon involved We are at a 5 year point and want to sell our 4 time shares, they tell us because nafta is not signed it would be difficult to get the money into Canada and we would loose a lot of money in taxes I do not know if this is true They gave me a few alternatives ,but the one i took was 2years at 0,9 interest per month and would be placed in a mexican bank We had to pay a 3 per cent fee for the total investment which amounted to 13000 usd I noticed when i got the breakdown that I did not get the full amount of interest .I quess that was another charge that they did not tell me about Around the edges it looks great but beyond that they do not tell you too much The bank did not sent the money because the fraud dept was involved I sent them a email about this and told them i could not move forward at this time Their responds was that my account is unchanged and if i need further help to let them know I have BC securities commission looking into it I did not want this time share Hope this helps you

Laura B.
Oct 15, 2019

is sfilondon a scam company ,they claim to give you your interest back in 5 years and remainder in 25 yrs, any one know any thing about them

Laura B.
Oct 18, 2019

do not buy a time share from vallarta gardens. they are scammers.The resort is beautiful and the staff are wonderful

Laura B.
Oct 20, 2019

we paid a considerable amount of money to sfilondon and now it is 5 years and we wanted to get our interest back and because of nafta not being signed they said the money could go into their corporate account for 2 years but it would cost 3 per cent Our bank discouraged us from sending it I sent them a email and told them what the bank said and now they blocked my emails It is a fraud company and I reported it to the london fraud police

Laura B.
Oct 20, 2019

i have sfilondon as well It is a fraud company I am at the 5year point and could get interest back but cost 3 per cent The bank discouraged from sending money to a mexican bank into a lawyers account and then put into their corporate account I told them what the bank said and they now have blocked my emails I have reported it to the London fraud police dept

Laura B.
Oct 21, 2019

ANY company affiliated with vallarta gardens is a scam company. ANY company that is affiliated with vallarta gardens IS ACTUALLY VALLARTA GARDENS! The "company" u r dealing with will somehow be out of business soon. You can bet on it. And they will make up a new company name to take its place!

Thomas B.
Oct 22, 2019

sfilondon is a fraud which I did not realize every thing looks great on the edges ie like the certificate ,email address I had it investigated by Just Call a scam lawyer and they are not located in that building in london england ,their pitch is fraudulent and outdated I am at the 5 year point and planed to cash in some interest and my bank passed it by the fraud dept and encouraged me not to sent them any money i sent them a email and told them what the bank said I am now blocked from their email service Do not send them any money

Laura B.

Last edited by laurab731 on Oct 22, 2019 12:19 AM

Apr 17, 2022

We were put under undue pressure to sign contract 5 days ago. Thanks for your writing that opened my eyes. I would love to talk more about it. Bob

Bhupendra T.

Last edited by phyl21 on Apr 17, 2022 01:12 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.