Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Anyone have experience with Castle Law Group, PC out of Tennessee

Jun 10, 2015

We are trying to divest ourselves of our timeshare and called a group whose advertising we saw while in Branson, MO. They advertised as Timeshare Advocacy. We contacted them and they are Castle Law Group PC based in Tennessee. They ask if you have been lied to by anybody when you were sold the timeshare or subsequently and told us the steps needed to legally get out of this contract for good. Of course, their fee is $3,000 and we've been burned paying an upfront fee before. But, I am tempted as they are now offering a money back guarantee if they don't get you out of your contract. Id love to know if anyone has had success with them.

Val M.
Jun 11, 2015

All they want is your $ 3,000. They will promise you anything to get your money and once you pay them then the excuses start. They will claim that they did everything they could and you will be out your fee and many regrets. Try calling your home resort and ask them to take it back through a " deed back ". I did that with two timeshares and I didn't need to pay an attorney. Let them know that you intend to get rid of your timeshare with or without their assistance and it is in their best interest to work with you. They don't want the loss of maintenance fees and legal costs. It's a win win for both parties.

Don P.
Sep 09, 2015

I was looking at using Castle. Did you already own your timeshare or did you still owe on it? So far they are not willing to do anything with ours except sell us something more!! Appreciate any help. Thanks!

Shari H.
Sep 12, 2015

sharih19 wrote:
So far they are not willing to do anything with ours except sell us something more!! Appreciate any help. Thanks!

Can you please explain what you are hoping to accomplish by using this company? Or, what are you hoping to do with your timeshare? A little explanation might help others help you.

Lance C.
Sep 18, 2015

Anyone have experience with Mitchell Reed Sussman & Associates out of Palm Springs Cal. They say they will terminate all my obligations regarding my getting rid of maintenance fees from Diamond Resorts for a $950.00 up front fee. I'm tempted.

William F.
Sep 18, 2015

NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract even someone claiming to be an attorney. All they want is your upfront money. Anyone can create a website and use a postal drop box. Check out this so called attorney and see if he's a member of the bar association and licensed to practice in any state. Then check Google to see if they have an actual office or just a postal drop box. Anyone can impersonate an attorney. If you do decide to risk your hard earned money on a chance make sure you have it in writing that they will cancel your contract or return your money. If they refuse then run. Don't be a victim to one of the latest scams in the industry fake attorneys and paralegals.

If they contacted you out of the blue then they violated the law by soliciting business and they are definitely a SCAM. Do your homework and don't throw money away on this SCAM.

Don P.
Sep 18, 2015

Also, check with Diamond Resorts headquarters. I believe they are offering to take units back, for a fee of course. But at least you will be dealing directly with Diamond and not some questionable third party.

Lance C.
Sep 19, 2015

Thanks for the tip. I am going to follow your advise and contact Diamond Resorts and see if the will take back the paid up deed on the condo and eliminate the $1000 maintenance fee. Thanks again

William F.
Jan 11, 2016

In October 2015 we signed up with Castle Law Group out of Tennessee. They began their sales pitch just like yours. "Has anyone ever been lied to by a timeshare representative............." They promised to begin their process to force Westgate to release us from our contract due to fraud the day they received our commitment check. They promised the communication would be very open and frequent with us--every time they sent or received correspondence. They also had a money back guarantee. We heard nothing for a month. When we called the representative that I originally spoke with, the phone went to voice mail. He never returned my call. I tried another number in which I was supposed to speak with "my" assigned legal assistant. The receptionist I spoke with said she was not available. She had many excuses as to why the process had not been started. She thanked me graciously for being understanding. My reply was, "I don't know what gave you the idea I am understanding. You are acting just like the Westgate Timeshare representatives." I got busy with holiday travel. I am just now making it a top priority to do what I can to get our money back.

Dollie M.
Jan 18, 2016

I'm one of the Senior Consultants for Castle Law Group, PC located in the Mount Juliet office in Mount Juliet, TN. I wanted to take this opportunity to address the comments included within the prior post as well as provide some clarity to the supposed client concerning the Firm's cancellation process.

When someone contacts our Firm requesting legal assistance to be relieved of their timeshare contract, this prospective client would then have a free consultation with a Senior Consultant to be taken through a series of qualifying questions determining whether their case could be successfully resolved. Should the Senior Consultant deem a case meeting the Firm's qualifying criteria, that Consultant would then educate the prospective client on CLG's process of a legal timeshare cancellation, the benefits of the Firm's representation, the anticipated time frame for resolution, and provide a quote regarding legal fees for services. Currently, based upon a number of different timeshare Developers that our attorneys are dealing with in representing clients, the average time frame for resolution is 6 months or less.

It seems that this mentioned time frame was either misunderstood by; or, not properly conveyed to the supposed client whom supplied the prior post. Had the expectations been clear on this matter, I'm sure there would have been no complaints referenced from this individual merely 30 days following retaining legal services (nor, would there had been mentioning of the lack of communication during the holiday months of November and December). Personally, I did not have the pleasure of speaking with this person. However, I can only apologize for a colleague's possible neglect in providing information effectively; and, offer some assistance moving forward. Feel free to contact me direct. Thank you.

Jeff Johnson Castle Law Group, PC

Jeff J.

Last edited by phyl21 on Jan 19, 2016 07:54 AM

Jan 19, 2016

A law firm can't do anything that you can't do for yourself unless you can prove fraud. They can charge you a huge upfront fee to contact your resort but you can do that yourself for free. I contacted two resorts in 2011 and they agreed to take back my timeshares. I just paid a minimal fee to process the paperwork. The entire transactions took less than sixty days and I have copies of the filed quit claim deeds. I did it all through the resort and saved thousands of dollars that an attorney would have charged me and in a lot less time. No attorney can guarantee results but they can take your money for something you can do yourself.

It looks like plugging your law firm in the forums is the new ambulance chasing scheme. Just remember fifty percent of all attorneys graduated in the bottom half of their classes. If they use the forums to troll for business than they have stooped to a very low level of morality.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Jan 19, 2016 08:02 AM

Jan 19, 2016

You can write your own resume, you can pay someone else to do it for you. The professionally written one might be better than what you can come up with, it might not. You may have missed your calling to be a professional resume writer. The professional one may be more likely to get you the interview or you may have scored one without. You may be left with no interviews and be out the cost to have it professionally prepared.

A law firm may be able to write a more convincing letter to a timeshare developer. If you are super persistent and have decent communication skills your chances of doing it yourself are probably about the same. Most people won't be persistent or convincing enough. If you have the extra $$$ to pay a law firm to contact the developer and/or write letters and negotiate on your behalf then it could be worth it. If you are desperate and don't have extra money then, you should probably go the do it yourself route. Just because you pay doesn't mean it will work. It doesn't mean it is a scam either. Sometimes I get my pizza delivered and pay a fee and a tip to do so. If I contacted a law firm to pick up my pizza and bring it to my house the fee would probably be much higher.

I am certainly not endorsing this group, just pointing out that there are probably equally successful ways to do the same thing without the law firm. Also if you decide to work with them check with the bar association and make sure that you are indeed working with a licensed attorney and be prepared pay a fee for something with an un-predetermined outcome. Make sure you can afford to pay the fee knowing you still may be on the hook for the timeshare you purchased through a legally binding contract.

Tracey S.

Last edited by tracey75 on Jan 19, 2016 03:36 PM

Jan 26, 2016

We signed up with Castle Law Group in October 2015. I got their name off another site (while checking complaints against another company). I checked their web site first, I didn't want to hand over $3450 for nothing. I figured it was worth if we can get out of our timeshare. Yesterday (1-25-16) we signed the Mutual Release Agreement. It took 3 months- Castle Law Group delivered in a timely manner.

We live in Minnesota, just average people, who got sucked into a timeshare. We still owe on our Grand Crowne timeshare, we're only 3 years into payments. Which is why we went with an attorney, instead of on our own. If we had ours fully paid for, they probably would have taken the timeshare back. But since we owed quite a bit on it, I felt better having legal help.

We continued making payments on the timeshare, so as not to wreck our credit.

We chose Castle Law Group because they are in the same state as where we purchased the timeshare.

Heidi L.

Last edited by heidil105 on Mar 07, 2016 12:11 PM

Jan 26, 2016

Congratulations you spent $ 3,450 for something you could have done yourself for free. I got rid of two timeshares in 2011 the same way by doing it myself. It took less than two months and I have recorded copies of both transactions and I have $ 3,450 more in my bank account that you do. Read the other posts and see the negative stories about the same law firm. Anyone thinking about using them should decide for themselves if you are a real client or perhaps a person with an interest in the company posting a story to lure victims to their company.

Don P.
Jan 26, 2016

wow- hostile. No I am absolutely not a lure, I'm a real client. Took out a loan at a local bank in town to pay the attorney & don't regret it despite your snide comment.

Yes people should decide for themselves. Were they perfect ? No. The release was signed by Capitol Resorts Nov 25, I did not receive it to sign until Jan 25. But still, 3 months turn around is fine with me. I'm so happy to be done with timeshares. You can rain on my parade, but it isn't going to diminish my being happy about it.

Curious why you have 2 timeshares? I'm not falling for it ever again. Once was enough for me.

Heidi L.

Last edited by heidil105 on Jan 26, 2016 03:12 PM

Jan 26, 2016

I can't understand why you would finance a timeshare. It's not a necessity. I purchased my timeshares before RCI was taken over by a giant money eating corporation that raised their fees and then sold they prime weeks on the open market depriving owners of those exchanges. I would never borrow money to pay for a vacation.

There are bottom feeding attorneys that are preying on people who are desperate to get out of their maintenance fees. Some of them troll the forums looking for victims. No attorney can guarantee to get you out of your contract. They demand huge upfront fees to do something you can do yourself for free.

Anyone thinking about giving their hard earned money to someone who claims they can rid you of your fees should do their homework and check to make sure they actually have an practice with an office and not just a website and a drop box for their mail.

Yes I am skeptical of anyone coming into the forum singing the praises of someone who wants money upfront. That's the oldest scam in the business. I have never asked anyone in here for money but I take credit with some others in here for saving a lot of people thousands of dollars by helping them avoid bottom feeding scammers.

Don P.
Jan 26, 2016

First - It's not what I would call singing their praises. Secondly- I'm not made of money. We financed the timeshare through the resort. Paid the attorney with a loan. As I said, we're average people. We might be suckers for signing up with a timeshare, but we're not stupid.

Btw, I did make sure they have an office & that it wasn't a scam. They did not guarantee it, they said they only take cases if they think they'll be successful.

Thank you for helping people get rid of their timeshares. I'm satisfied with the end result, even though they need improvement in certain areas. I'm not going to attempt to persuade you any differently. I have the result I wanted.

We didn't ask for any money back from Grand Crowne-we just wanted out. We have 7 years left to pay on it. Maintanence fees have went up every year & a $500 special assessment fee, was my deciding factor to get an attorney. I didn't want to wreck my credit by stopping payments, so thought an attorney would have more success & get faster results than us trying to do it on our own.

I'm all done here. I have other things to do.

Heidi L.
Jan 27, 2016

Did you get out completely or did it just bump you back from the Capital to the Grand Crowne? I own Capital and am fairly happy with them but I bought a large package resale and obsessively search and plan. I am the only listing for 84 Main on Redweek. I also have a couple of summer weeks booked at the Polynesian which I haven't started advertising because I might drop those if the reviews on trip advisor doesn't improve.

Tracey S.
Jan 27, 2016

We just signed the document 2 days ago, I assume we're completely out of it. The letter heading says Grand Crowne & mail documents to Capital, signed by the Vice President, Owner services. I guess I'll find out next month, if they continue to deduct from my checking account.

Heidi L.
Feb 17, 2016

Jeff Johnson We have hired your law firm in August 2015 and it is almost 6 months now. Your law firm has just sent me the copy of the 2nd demand letter. On February 8th my case worker called me and stated that she did not know when Wyndom would settle my case. They seem to bundle several contracts up with complaints and settle in a bundle. She also stated that she did not know where I was in the bundle whether I am in the beginning middle or close to the end of the bundle. Can you shed some light as to when this maybe settled?

jeffj321 wrote:
I'm one of the Senior Consultants for Castle Law Group, PC located in the Mount Juliet office in Mount Juliet, TN. I wanted to take this opportunity to address the comments included within the prior post as well as provide some clarity to the supposed client concerning the Firm's cancellation process.

When someone contacts our Firm requesting legal assistance to be relieved of their timeshare contract, this prospective client would then have a free consultation with a Senior Consultant to be taken through a series of qualifying questions determining whether their case could be successfully resolved. Should the Senior Consultant deem a case meeting the Firm's qualifying criteria, that Consultant would then educate the prospective client on CLG's process of a legal timeshare cancellation, the benefits of the Firm's representation, the anticipated time frame for resolution, and provide a quote regarding legal fees for services. Currently, based upon a number of different timeshare Developers that our attorneys are dealing with in representing clients, the average time frame for resolution is 6 months or less.

It seems that this mentioned time frame was either misunderstood by; or, not properly conveyed to the supposed client whom supplied the prior post. Had the expectations been clear on this matter, I'm sure there would have been no complaints referenced from this individual merely 30 days following retaining legal services (nor, would there had been mentioning of the lack of communication during the holiday months of November and December). Personally, I did not have the pleasure of speaking with this person. However, I can only apologize for a colleague's possible neglect in providing information effectively; and, offer some assistance moving forward. Feel free to contact me direct. Thank you.

Jeff Johnson Castle Law Group, PC

Mary W.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.