Ask RedWeek

Vida Ambassador Program

Nov 24, 2015

Is anyone familiar with the Vida Ambassador Program? We just became part of it and wonder particularly about donating weeks to charities. How does that work?

Jim M.
Nov 25, 2015

I am a timeshare owner of another group, I will donate occasionally. I pick the week to donate with my name on reservation, and transfer name of the winner when we get one. Providing your group allows you to rent.

You can not deduct this from your taxes if you are thinking of a write off

Dave
Nov 25, 2015

Vida requires owners to pay the MF's on the weeks and then suggests that there are charities that will pay the owner back the cost of the MF's and still make enough money to cover an additional donation for the charity. The example they give has an owner paying $999 for a week and then the charity selling $2000 in raffle tickets for the week and then keeping $1000 and then reimbursing the owner for the $999. . Basically they are asking a charity to do their work and market a timeshare week, reimbursing the owner for the week. I don't think that's going to happen.

If you want to donate to a charity, then write them a check. If you want to pay the MF and donate the week without any reimbursement or tax deduction of any kind do so. Vida Ambassador program isn't about helping a charity in any way, shape or form.

Any Vida owner's have a different experience with this "charitable program" ?

Tracey S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.