Timeshare Exchanges

Older than Moses reviews

Mar 10, 2016

Why are the reviews of the timeshare resorts on this site so old? Every time I click on a timeshare for sale that I get on email, the reviews for the resort are from 2000, 2001, 1999, 1997etc. Why no reviews from 2015? 2014? Who know what has changed in 10 years..

Peter Z.
Mar 10, 2016

There are no reviews because no one takes the time to submit reviews. I have suggested to Redweek (this was a coupld of years ago) that they offer some kind of incentive like an extra month of membership or $5 in redweek dollars for each review that can be used toward membership or rental/for sale ad fees or enhancements or even a chance to win something in exchange for providing reviews.

Tracey S.
Nov 27, 2016

YES, great ideas

LTC Mark N.
Dec 01, 2016

tracey75 wrote:
There are no reviews because no one takes the time to submit reviews. I have suggested to Redweek (this was a coupld of years ago) that they offer some kind of incentive like an extra month of membership or $5 in redweek dollars for each review that can be used toward membership or rental/for sale ad fees or enhancements or even a chance to win something in exchange for providing reviews.

From a business perspective, I doubt that RedWeek would ever adopt the '"RedWeek dollars" idea (or any other "out of pocket cost" type of reward), but extension of existng RedWeek membership term for each review submission is certainly an excellent idea which would not seem to impact the company "coffers" in any substantial way.

The OP bemoaned the absence of current reviews, but fails to acknowledge (or maybe even comprehend) that reviews don't just magically "happen" --- it takes time and effort for someone to prepare and submit a detailed (and hopefully coherent and readable and useful) review. That said, a little incentive might provide people with more motivation and encouragement to spend that time and undertake that effort.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on May 18, 2018 03:36 AM

Feb 09, 2018

So many websites wanting you to review, I place my reviews on RCI. I'm not going to 3 other sites to leave reviews.

Bob B.
Feb 09, 2018

bobb722 wrote:
So many websites wanting you to review, I place my reviews on RCI. I'm not going to 3 other sites to leave reviews.

I understand completely, but bear in mind that reviews posted with RCI will likely only be seen by other RCI members, which doesn't help anyone with no knowledge of (nor any interest in and no membership with) RCl. Someone might simply be looking to rent a week, or is maybe considering buying an interval in the resale market (with no interest in its' exchange company affiliation). RCI reviews also have a inherent bias, in my opinion. Consciously or not, people compare their own perceived "value" of whatever they "deposited" to RCI with their own perceived "value" of whatever they got from RCI "in exchange". The review may be worthwhile, but there is still that underlying, subjective and unspoken bias and "sub agenda". Personally, I haven't had (or wanted) anything whatsoever to do with RCI for well over a decade now.

If I make the effort to prepare a detailed timeshare review, I save whatever I have prepared in order to post / transfer (or update or edit) that review material on both Timeshare Users Group and RedWeek (nowhere else). I don't bother with sites like Tripadvisor, etc. On those sites, the input provided is very often from people completely unfamiliar with the nature of timeshare properties and operations, often regarding them as "hotel stays". Consequently, their input too often seems to end up being more about "why I enjoyed (or didn't enjoy) my stay or vacation, or the service there".

While that perspective may be interesting, I don't find it to be very helpful or informative in evaluating a timeshare property. Someone who did not enjoy their VACATION and is now basically just venting about airline delays, late arrivals, rental car problems, bad restaurant experiences, desk clerks, bad weather or sick children doesn't really help me (or anyone else) to learn much about or actually get a "feel" for a timeshare property or its' features, overall condition, amenities, populace or "vibe".

To each their own I guess.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Feb 14, 2018 10:20 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.