General Discussion

Anyone who has experience with Sapphire Holiday Collection weeks ?

Oct 06, 2016

I just purchased a month ago in Porto Vallarta Mexico and I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

Debbie G.
Oct 06, 2016

debbieg383 wrote:
I just purchased a month ago in Porto Vallarta Mexico and I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

Well you have passed your rescission period so that ship has sailed.

Watch out for all the scams out there aimed at time share owners (especially in Mexico) claiming they can sell, rent out, or cancel your timeshare.

Are you trying to get rid of your ownership or are you seeking how to make the best of what you own?

Lance C.
Oct 07, 2016

debbieg383 wrote:

If you intend to visit your home resort and use it often then you will probably enjoy your timeshare. If you can't book a week there then you might find that you want to get rid of it and you should listen to what Lance advises.

Some people like myself bought to use the home resort and have no problem using it. I have one timeshare left that I love. It is in Las Vegas right on the strip next to Bellagio and I wouldn't trade it for the world. I use it all the time and never had a problem getting what I want. It is privately owned and the management keeps the maintenance fees very reasonable.

I had two other timeshares that I used for exchanges. After corporate greed came along and sold the good weeks on the open market denying the owners of those exchanges I decided to get rid of them in 2011. If you intend to exchange your week then you might find that you will have trouble getting an exchange that you want.

I hope you enjoy your ownership. Please come back to the forum and let us know how it works out for you.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Oct 07, 2016 09:35 AM

Oct 07, 2016

I also got me that same exchange week program back in January, and after lots of waiting and waiting, they finally started giving me by credits for flights last month. I already used them once for my trip to Florida last week. I was very nervous for a while that it was not going to work, but I am happy that it finally did.

Pat N.
Oct 12, 2016

Hi, no I´m not trying to get rid of it, just trying to get other Sapphire HC owners to write about their experiences. I really wanna use my weeks for my next trip to Mexico.

Debbie G.

Last edited by debbieg383 on Oct 12, 2016 01:37 PM

Nov 23, 2016

Well, the reason why I got this is because of the different services they offer, actually we just got a pretty good deal on a cruise with Sapphire. We are now just waiting to use our credits. So far so good.

Debbie G.
Dec 18, 2016

I actually bought some Sapphire Holiday Collection weeks today so I don't have any experience with them yet. I was hoping your experience with them was good. Have you been on vacation since your purchase and are you satisfy with their service?

Sharon L.
Jan 19, 2017

I bought this in December in Puerta Vallarta. Sapphire Holiday Collection membership was activated as stated, one month later. However, Sapphirwe does not own your weeks or points. In order to use those... you have to wait 120 days or more from date of purchase. The points are held by a company called Asevig Group, located in Panama. Then if you want to book anything using your points you have to call or contact that group. Plus they are sending me some contract giving me permission to use or sell or buy my points.... I will have a lawyer look at that. The whole thing has me very anxious and if I could I would get my money back. But the man at Sapphire, Freddie, has been helpful and he said if I can just keep waiting until April, then I will be free to use the points. What is to say these folks will even be around in April? Very shady in my opinion...

Carol M.
Jan 19, 2017

So you bought it in January of 2016, waited for the points to be active (like 120 days or more) and then you were able to book flights?

Carol M.
Jan 19, 2017

What is the recession period with the Sapphire Holiday Collection?

Louise C.
Jan 20, 2017

louisec99 wrote:
What is the [rescission] period with the Sapphire Holiday Collection?

That depends on where you purchased and not with the company. State or federal law stipulates what the rescission period is. If you purchased in Mexico, then the rescission period is five days.

Lance C.
Feb 14, 2017

Hope it works for you. We cancelled within our 5 days and we're treated very rudely. Sapphire Holiday Collection, according to my research does not exist. I guess we all need to remember ...if it's too good to be true, it is. Buyer beware.....at Vallarta Gardens in Puerta Vallarta (actually in LA Cruz not in Bucerias as they say) I BELIEVE IT'S A SCAM. FEBRUARY 2017.

Linda T.
Feb 17, 2017

I gave them 2000 dallars ago and 500 to asevig group 500 for travel awards. its been a year now and I have received nothing but different excuses for the delays

Jeffery L.
Feb 19, 2017

I agree. And when you tell them youd like to take the contract for review, it is not allowed. And when you turn the "offer" down, you are treated to the rep sulking and ignoring you! Scam!!!

D L.
Feb 21, 2017

I was thinking of buying this program. I noticed it has been about 4 months since you 1st wrote your post. How has the program been? Any issues? has it worked as they told you it would & would you recommend it?

Thanks for your time, Darrel

Darrel S.
Feb 21, 2017

I am thinking of buying into this program. Per your post you stated you were able to buy flights with your points.

Wold you recommend this program?

Thanks, Darrel

Darrel S.
Feb 23, 2017

We finally managed to use it for our airfare, we were a little bit skeptical because it really sounded too good to be true. It just took a little bit longer than we expected but it´s working.

So far so good

Debbie G.
Mar 04, 2017

Thanks for your reply.

Quick question. Did you have to wait 120 before you could use the points? when you did book your flight did you do it through their web site or did you have to call someone? & was it easy to use? Would you recommend the program?

Thanks, Darrel

Darrel S.
Mar 14, 2017

Hello It took about 4 months to get the VIP benefits. After that I was able to book my flight and I did it online. Everything was pretty smooth.

Debbie G.
Mar 31, 2017

We just bought inn Porta by Arta we paid $1,700 and were supposed to be contacted within a month have not heard a word to pay the balance ,sure hope someone get in touch with. I've left a couple messages Sapphire and haven't heard anything if anybody has book trips anywhere please let me know how smoothly it works

Vicky S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.