Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Want to sell timeshare in Las Vegas

Dec 28, 2016

I have a time share at Pollo Towers in Las Vegas that I would like to sell and don't know what it is worth. It is a one bedroom, even year, floating. Maintenance fees have been paid. Can anyone tell me what it is worth and the best way to sell it?

Terry P.
Dec 28, 2016

terryp177 wrote:
I have a time share...Can anyone tell me what it is worth and the best way to sell it?

From what you have described, it sounds like it is worth about zero dollars (or less). I hate to break the bad news to you but that's the sad reality of the timeshare secondary market. If you want to get rid of it so as to relieve yourself of the maintenance fees, then you will have to just give it away to a willing taker.

If it is a Diamond, you might want to check out Diamond's program for taking back units. Your mortgage has to be paid up also. Diamond will probably charge you about $250 to do this. If Diamond says No, then you will probably have to advertise here on RedWeek or other reputable timeshare resale websites that you want to give it away. If you are dead serious about it, offer to pay the closing costs and maybe even the next maintenance fee.

But whatever you do, do not pay anyone a large, upfront fee to sell, rent out, market, or "cancel" your timeshare. That is almost always a scam! Especially watch out for companies that claim they will get you top dollar for your unit.

Lance C.
Dec 29, 2016

Actually your timeshare might have a value if you advertise in the right markets. I own a timeshare very close to yours. I'm right next to Bellagio. The location is great because it's right in the middle of the strip. I wouldn't trade or sell my timeshare for anything. I use it all the time and if there is a time I can't use it I have never had a problem renting it out because of the location on the strip. I'm also spoiled because we have a great management company that keeps the maintenance fees low and the standards high.

You might want to advertise it in a local publication emphasizing the location. I know your timeshare and I think it has some resale value if you do your homework and market it right.

Don P.
Jan 12, 2017

Thanks. You helped me too.

Mary W.
Mar 25, 2021

Hi, I have a timeshare with Tahiti village in Las Vegas its bora bora biannual 1 week free, I was wondering if any of you have an idea wheather it's worth anything, if there is potential to sell or rent. I appreciate for your feedback and advises. Thanks

Ozcan D.
Mar 25, 2021

Ozcan: You can visit this page to view the resale history for your resort on our website: What's My Timeshare Worth

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Last edited by phyl21 on Mar 25, 2021 11:47 AM

Mar 25, 2021

I'm not done paying off my timeshare. Matter fact I have never even used it..have all my points from when I first bought it...I was pressured into getting it..He made me think I was able to get a room for a whole week the room I stayed in when I did my weekend visit...but it turned out to be 3 days in a one bedroom...He told me my timeshare would be paid off in 5 yrs and somehow its 10 years...im tired of Grand Hilton charging all these extra fees...I just want out if it How can I get out..and what do I have to do??

Marisol B.
Mar 26, 2021

marisolb16 wrote:
I'm not done paying off my timeshare....im tired of Grand Hilton charging all these extra fees...I just want out if it How can I get out..and what do I have to do?

If you haven't paid it off, then no one is going to want to take it from you. You can try paying off the loan/mortgage and getting your maintenance fees up to date. Then try giving it away using reputable timeshare resale websites such as here on RedWeek, My Resort Network, E-Bay, Craigslist, or Timeshare Users Group (aka "TUG; tugbbs.com). You can also ask the resort's Homeowners' Association if it will take your unit back.

The other option, if you do not want to pay anything else into this, is to stop all mortgage and maintenance fee payments and let it go into foreclosure. You will probably face a barrage of collection calls and letters as well as possibly a hit to your credit score or rating.

The one big caution to people in situations like yours is to not use any of these law firms or companies that claim they can get you out of your contract without any consequences to you. They are usually scams. They charge large, upfront fees and then either do nothing or do something that you can do yourself (such as what I already mentioned).

I know these choices don't sound appetizing but that is the hard reality right now. Believe me, there are many timeshare owners like you who are in a similar situation and are facing these tough dilemmas.

Lance C.
Mar 26, 2021

In the meantime you should consider renting it out to mitigate your expenses . I still own one timeshare and it's on the Las Vegas strip . I wouldn't sell it for anything . I go there every November if my plans allow . I have never had a problem renting it out if I decide not to use it myself . I never get tired of going to Vegas . There are always new shows and restaurants to try there . I finally got to see Cher live two years ago . You can always post your week for rent among friends and family .

I think Las Vegas timeshares should have a resale value . You have to do the leg work and put your timeshare out there for sale or rent .I got rid of two timeshares in 2011 through deed backs . I love my Vegas timeshare and I'm sure there are people out there that will be interested in your timeshare .

Don P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.