Ask RedWeek

Midweek Rental

Aug 21, 2017

Can you rent a timeshare from Wed-Wed or are they all Sat or Sun checkin?

Mark W.
Aug 22, 2017

The defined "week" for interval ownership / occupancy is determined by individual resort. There is no universal "one size fits all" answer; it's a resort / system specific matter.

The overwhelming majority of timeshare weeks are "Saturday to Saturday". I own one week that is actually "Friday to Friday" however and I have rented a Hyatt timeshare week from a Hyatt owner which was "Sunday to Sunday". "Wednesday to Wednesday" would generally involve eating up parts of two different weeks. An owner could not even consider doing that unless s/he owned BOTH weeks. Even then, why would any owner choose to get only ONE week of rental income out of TWO weeks owned? It certainly would not be financially smart to do so, since said owner is paying maintenance fees on BOTH weeks. Some "points based" systems do allow for nightly stays, which could theoretically result in a "Wednesday to Wednesday" week, but the points cost per night is often considerably more than the points cost requirement would be for a "customary" 7 day timeshare week (Wyndham nightly points cost vs. full week points cost being a very good example of this fact).

markw853 wrote:
Can you rent a timeshare from Wed-Wed or are they all Sat or Sun checkin?

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Aug 27, 2017 09:41 AM

Aug 22, 2017

It depends on the timeshare. I own a floating week at my Las Vegas resort. I just booked my week from Wednesday to Wednesday . Some resorts are flexible and others strictly adhere to a set schedule . The only way to find out is to contact your resort and ask .

Don P.
Aug 23, 2017

Points based timeshare ownership/memberships are also often able to book non traditional full and partial weeks.

Tracey S.
Aug 24, 2017

Sounds like RedWeek would be a good place to find something for 5 days in Cabo. Thanks for the responses.

Mark W.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.