Timeshare Exchanges

madison south timeshares

Aug 22, 2017

anyone heard of this company?

Dallas J.
Aug 23, 2017

I haven't but why are you inquiring of them? What are you hoping to accomplish by using them? How did you find out about them? What are they promising to do for you and for how much?

Lance C.
Aug 23, 2017

I have an offer that is too good to be true, so what's the catch?

Del R.
Aug 23, 2017

The catch is that's it's " too good to be true " . It's the bait they dangle in front of you to get you to take the hook .

Don P.
Aug 23, 2017

They said they had a buyer for my timeshare for $21,000 which is too high too believe if I will pay $173.50 up front

Dallas J.
Aug 23, 2017

dallas18 wrote:
They said they had a buyer for my timeshare for $21,000 which is too high too believe if I will pay $173.50 up front

Typical signs of a scam. Did they phone you unexpectedly? If so, that's another sign of a resale scam.

Never, ever pay anyone a large, upfront fee to sell, rent out, market, or "cancel" your Timeshare. That is a scam. If the seller is legitimate, it will take its commission out of the proceeds of the sale, not upfront.

If they contact you again with this offer, tell them you will sell your unit to them for $1000 and then they can flip it to this alleged buyer (who does not exist by the way) for $21,000. That will be a nice healthy $20,000 profit for them rather than the $173.50 they are charging you for brokering a sale.

Lance C.
Aug 23, 2017

delr6 wrote:
I have an offer that is too good to be true, so what's the catch?

They will get you paralyzed with excitement to stop you from thinking rationally. Then, while you're totally salivating at the big payday they promise you, they will tell you that you just need to pay some sort of tax or fee to close the deal. The tax or fee might sound reasonable but it is totally bogus.

If there is any tax or fee to be paid, it would come out of the proceeds of the sale. These scam artists will tell you that the fee must be paid first, and by you, before the sale can be completed and before they can send you the check.

So now, it is their hope that you are thinking, "Sure. Whatever it takes to get this sale completed and that check to me. If it takes me paying this tax/fee, then so be it. I'm not letting this relatively little tax get in the way of completing this sale." Next thing you know, the about-to-be victim of this scam is asking the scam artist where to send the money.

Lance C.
Aug 24, 2017

Contacted me last week with offer to good to be true. Responded that will have my attorney review the offer & and to research the company. Do not expect to get an additional response. Leery of companies that contact me out of the blue. Intend to report company to the BBB in Jackson, TN

Clarence P.
Aug 24, 2017

clarencep8 wrote:
Contacted me last week with offer to good to be true. Responded that will have my attorney review the offer & and to research the company. Do not expect to get an additional response. Leery of companies that contact me out of the blue. Intend to report company to the BBB in Jackson, TN

You can report them to the BBB in TN if you want but just remember a couple of things.

1) They haven't actually taken any money from you yet so there might not be a need for a complaint. 2) They might not even belong to the BBB. If they don't, then filing a complaint is useless. 3) The scam company might not even be located in TN. A lot of these scam operations are located in Mexico where the timeshares are located. A lot of these scam companies give their victims fake addresses. 4) Even if they do belong to the BBB, are located in TN, and have taken money from you, reporting them to the BBB is useless (other than allowing you to vent). The BBB has no authority or power to stop these thieves or to get you your money back. All that will happen is that he scam company will get a bad rating with the BBB so that others can see. Unfortunately, bad grades with the BBB does little to stop others from becoming victims of these scams.

But at least you were smart enough to realize that the offer was too good to be true and then not rushed into anything before thinking and doing some research.

Lance C.
Aug 24, 2017

thanks everyone for your help.

Dallas J.
Oct 22, 2017

I received the contract in the mail and did send the money.. Now cannot get an answer from Jason.

Jeff K.
Oct 22, 2017

Let me know what you hear as I have sent the money alreay over 2 month ago as wells

Jeff

Jeff K.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.