Ask RedWeek

Redweek Posting

Sep 01, 2017

What does it mean if you've signed a contract and are awaiting response from the resort with rofr and the listing disappears from this site?

Jennifer A.
Sep 01, 2017

The Resort has a 30 day window once its brought to them as sold to take it back at the price sold.

So it will be sold one way or the other.

They pass on them many times, some, all the time. Some systems has to be @ a certain price to keep value up to pass ROFR.

Good luck ! Dave

Dave

Last edited by davidg1131 on Sep 01, 2017 04:35 PM

Sep 05, 2017

jennifera633 wrote:
What does it mean if you've signed a contract and are awaiting response from the resort with rofr and the listing disappears from this site?

Several possibilities here, as I see it:

1. The ad itself has simply expired. 2. Resort has exercised ROFR but neither the seller nor the resort has yet had the courtesy to so inform you. 3. Your deal has passed ROFR and your transaction is proceeding, but with apparently inadequate and poor communication.

Since you reportedly signed a contract, have you simply asked the seller or resort chain DIRECTLY for a status report? The shortest distance between two points is straight line and the answer to your question is not known or knowable by anyone in these forums anyhow.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Sep 05, 2017 10:11 AM

Sep 05, 2017

I have not. I hadn't even considered that possibility. That is an excellent idea. I suspect the ad expired. It was not "Redweek Verified" which I have learned simply means they paid the ad fees.

Thank you for this response! Incredibly helpful.

Jennifer A.
Sep 05, 2017

jennifera633 wrote:
I have not. I hadn't even considered that possibility. That is an excellent idea. I suspect the ad expired. It was not "Redweek Verified" which I have learned simply means they paid the ad fees.

Thank you for this response! Incredibly helpful.

Fwiw, that's not at all what "RedWeek verified" means. ALL ads have to be paid for before being posted. "RedWeek verified" means that someone posting an ad has chosen (it's entirely optional) to pay an additional fee on top of the actual ad fee (I think it's $14.99 additional to get "RedWeek verified" ) in order to have their ownership of what is being advertised independently confirmed (verified) by RedWeek personnel. This involves the advertiser providing RedWeek personnel with a copy of a deed, or a copy of a paid maintenance fee bill (or both), or copy of reservation confirmation or other such ownership-related documentation connecting the advertiser name directly to whatever is being offered for sale (or for rent). I've used "RedWeek verified" myself, just to give prospective responders some additional measure of confidence that I am exactly who I say I am and that I own exactly what I say I own and that it is exactly what I'm advertising for sale or rent.

In the age of the Internet (and with FAR too many scammers ALWAYS lurking in and around the timeshare world to begin with), getting "Redweek verified" helps to give a potential buyer or tenant some additional measure of confidence and comfort that the ad (and its' advertiser) are completely legitimate. It seems to work well toward achieving that objective.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Sep 06, 2017 03:25 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.