Ask RedWeek

what defines medium season

Nov 20, 2017

i was wondering what weeks were high medium and low season. thank you

Roseann M.
Nov 20, 2017

roseannm25 wrote:
i was wondering what weeks were high medium and low season.

In short, it depends. There is really no simple "one size fits all" answer to your question. Location is an obvious factor, as is supply and demand and the individual resort "system". EVERY week in Hawaii is a "red" (high season) week. A winter week on Cape Cod is always low season, but a winter week in coastal Florida is always high season. A late spring or early fall week on Cape Cod would be an example of a "medium" season.

As is usually the case in the world of timeshares, the only single, correct answer to most questions is --- "It depends".

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Nov 21, 2017 11:10 AM

Nov 20, 2017

I will add to what Ken said. It also depends on which system you are referring to. For example, are you talking about Wyndham? Westgate? Resorts Condominiums International (RCI)? They will have different criteria for classifying units, weeks, intervals, etc. as high, medium, and low.

Then some individual resorts might have different classifications of what constitutes high, medium, and low.. On top of that, different systems will have different names or labels for such such as Red, White, & Blue; Platinum, Gold, & Silver, etc.

But it usually comes down to how heavy the demand is for such a unit or interval.

Lance C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.