Ask RedWeek

Current updates are very much needed!

Nov 30, 2017

It's not good to allow postings of reviews to be as old as I have just read for Tropical Sands Resort on Fort Myers Beach! Ex-president GW Bush was our president when one of the reviews were still on the Red Week site todasy November 30, 2017. This does not responsibly serve your members or readers of information posted very well. The pink and blue exterior paint job has been long gone and now looks beautiful. Thanks for allowing comments from me and others who have concerns or questions about your site and your postings!

Gary H.
Nov 30, 2017

gary1892 wrote:
It's not good to allow postings of reviews to be as old as I have just read for Tropical Sands Resort on Fort Myers Beach! Ex-president GW Bush was our president when one of the reviews were still on the Red Week site todasy November 30, 2017. This does not responsibly serve your members or readers of information posted very well. The pink and blue exterior paint job has been long gone and now looks beautiful. Thanks for allowing comments from me and others who have concerns or questions about your site and your postings!

All reviews are date stamped, so a reasonable person would note the date of a review and realize that a review posted 10 years ago might very well have been completely accurate back then, but is not necessarily still entirely accurate TODAY, a decade later.

By the way, there is a Tropical Sands Resort review on RedWeek dated April, 2017, about 7 months ago now. In fact, I WROTE that review after staying there and I put a fair amount of effort into providing an accurate, objective and very detailed description and review. I liked the place, even though unit interiors there are certainly a bit "dated" and frankly a bit "tired".

Fwiw, if you want very current info and / or other reviews regarding Tropical Sands Resort in Fort Myers Beach, FL, there has been some discussion about that place in recent days (including as recently as TODAY, actually) over on the Timeshare Users Group web site --- in the discussion forums which specifically address Florida timeshares. You can easily find those discussion posts on that site with a little search effort. See http://www.tug2.net

Also, there are some reasonably current reviews of Tropical Sands Resort posted on a different section of that TUG site. However, I believe that you have to be a paid member ($15 / year) to either post or read resort reviews on TUG. Resort reviews aside, anyone can still read any and all of the TUG discussion forum content without a paid membership.

For the record and to be very clear, I have NO personal affiliation with either RedWeek OR with Timeshare Users Group, aside from being a timeshare owner who is a paying member, regular user and occasional discussion forum contributor on both of those two sites.

Hope some of this helps you a bit.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Nov 30, 2017 02:51 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.