Travel Tips & Advice

Travel Time Estimate with HOV

Apr 06, 2018

HI,

Does anyone know how Waze is estimating the travel time with the new HOV option? I was really stoked to have HOV support in Waze, but after trialing it for a week I have found that the estimated travel times are SPECTACULARLY inaccurate. Waze started showing new routes that it never showed before HOV support and estimated the travel time to be almost 20 minutes faster than my typical commute, but after trying the suggested HOV routes for a week I have found that Waze is consistently WAY off. It will typically estimate a 50 - 55 minute travel time using HOV lanes, but the commute turns out to actually be about 80 - 95 minutes every single time, which is actually about 20 minutes longer than the "old" routes Waze would choose before HOV support.This would be no big deal if I could just turn off the HOV support and go back to the old routing, but that doesn't appear to be an option. In fact, Waze refuses to show me any routes that aren't HOV even though the only toll pass I've added is FasTrak, which isn't available anywhere except one particular route. I have to remove the FasTrak to get routes that aren't HOV.Short of downgrading, is there any way to improve the situation?

Please help.

I did not find the right solution from the internet.

References:- https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=245938

Thanks

Ralen D.

Last edited by phyl21 on Apr 06, 2018 08:55 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.