Timeshare Exchanges

RCI Leaf damaged- repair advice?

May 10, 2018

RCI Leaf damaged- repair advice?

Hi all

At a hotel this weekend my Leaf suffered a bump from the hotel laundry cart. It's more than cosmetic, bumper has a small hole, rear light cluster smashed, Nissan badge too etc etc. Looks like a couple of grand of damage

It's a Nissan RCI lease, and fortunately the hotel manager has held up his hands and offered to pay all costs. With a lease, am I best being honest and telling them and seeing what they suggest for repair or taking it to a good bodyshop to repair? My local Nissan dealer will not do it as they do not apparently to bodywork.

Any advice appreciated. Obviously don't want it to effect my insurance and the hotel said they will settle without using theirs most likely as it has a high premium. If it was me I'd take my chances with RCI but I won't leave them to haggle if they think it is not reasonable.high premium. If it was me I'd take my chances with RCI but I won't leave them to haggle if they think it is not reasonable.

Tom T.

Last edited by phyl21 on May 10, 2018 03:00 PM

May 12, 2018

I am truly puzzled by the above post. RCI is just a timeshare exchange and rental company, having nothing whatsoever to do with cars or car leases. In no universe could RCI possibly be in any way accountable or responsible for damage sustained by a motor vehicle (whether owned, leased or rented). I'm completely baffled how you might possibly think otherwise.

Are you maybe just pulling our legs here with a non-sequitur, tongue-in-cheek tale? If not, your post simply makes no sense whatsoever.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on May 20, 2018 04:23 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.