General Discussion

hi guys, i have a question, please help me

Jun 11, 2018

My inlaws have a timeshare in Hilton Head South Carolina that is a Red Week. They have never used the condo. The RCI system is too complicated for them. I need help to try and figure it out for them so they can trade their Red Week in South Carolina for a Red Week in Key West Florida. Can you give me some guidance.

David S.
Jun 12, 2018

davids2825 wrote:
My inlaws have a timeshare in Hilton Head South Carolina that is a Red Week. They have never used the condo. The RCI system is too complicated for them. I need help to try and figure it out for them so they can trade their Red Week in South Carolina for a Red Week in Key West Florida. Can you give me some guidance.

First, understand that a "red" week in Hilton Head SC means little or nothing in terms of being able to exchange into Key West FL, where exchange inventory is always very limited; it is one of the most difficult exchanges to achieve --- except occasionally during the peak of Florida's hurricane season.

Second, there is only one RCI-affiliated timeshare property in all of Key West (the Galleon). There are (3) Hyatt timeshare properties in Key West and (3) other "independent" timeshare properties which are not associated with any of the "chains" and which are affiliated only with Interval International as their exchange company.

I hope this info helps you, but I decline to further discuss "exchanging". Good luck.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jun 13, 2018 02:55 AM

Jun 22, 2018

RCI is not complicated. You simply do not have any trading power because of where they own, as the gentleman mentioned. The exchange system is based on supply and demand, regardless as to where they own.

Trading into Florida is always easy, but trading into a particular area, i.e. Key depends on the availability in Key West during the time they want to visit.

ALWAYS buy where you want to visit. Whatever you do, do not allow them to convert to points.

I share this in my upcoming book, Everything About Timeshare, Before, During and After the Sale.

For more info, visit my website...redweektimesharebook.com Separate from the Redweek organization.

Best of luck!

Wayne C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.