Point Systems

A quick question about safe are rentals

Jul 13, 2018

This will be my first time renting from some one I don't know. How safe are the rentals? Is there anything I should ask before committing to a rental agreement.

Rosa B.
Jul 13, 2018

You could ask the owner to e-mail some sort of document proving that he is the owner. Point out that you are just making sure that there is no scam involved here and also that many legitimate owners will provide such proof upon request.

Lance C.
Jul 13, 2018

rosab52- You will find tips on how to stay safe on this page: Stay Safe

If you need further assistance, please Contact Us.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Jul 28, 2018

I would have a problem sending documents to people in this case that could also use it against me, trust goes both ways, this is the dilemma on both sides. I could give you the reservation # in my name to verify that one has been made. I wouldn't have that if I'm making the reservation for you on a request. Cost $99 to make one and unless its paid for I would never do it.

Being a member of Redweek is the first form of trust, they have yours and my info documenting our activity. Scammers will tend to stay away from anything that requires adding personal info.

If one was to do someone wrong they would be tarred and feathered here on Redweek and non of us want that.

We really just want to rent our weeks , or rent a week trouble free and in the years I have been here I have heard very little bad stories most the time unavoidable problems.

Your on the right path being a member of Redweek

Happy vacation, maybe your looking at mine, jump ! :)

Dave

Dave

Last edited by davidg1131 on Jul 28, 2018 08:01 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.