Ask RedWeek

Resale postings on RedWeek...visibility to listing date?

Aug 14, 2018

Is there a way to see the posting dates? And, if not, would Redweek consider adding such?

When I looked at the postings last week, there didn't seem to be nearly as many as I saw today. And, many postings seem listed by brokers or agents at very competitive prices, which means I would need to match those prices...

Thx!

Elizabeth M.
Aug 23, 2018

Hi.

This Q is still open and is for a RW rep. I'm ready to list my unit for sale, but I'd like to understand how long the current postings have been on the market.

Thank you.

Elizabeth M.
Aug 24, 2018

lizm109 wrote:
This Q is still open and is for a RW rep. I'm ready to list my unit for sale, but I'd like to understand how long the current postings have been on the market.

I certainly do not in any way speak for RedWeek, but what you seek has never really been “knowable” information, to the best of my knowledge and experience using RedWeek over some years now to sell, buy and rent timeshares.

Rental ads can be posted on RedWeek for 6 months and “for sale” ads can be posted for a full year, unless deactivated sooner by the entity posting the ad.

I personally don’t believe that there is any real “pattern” to when ads get posted by their advertisers, whether it's by individuals or by brokers. Maybe the "for sale" numbers spike a bit upward as maintenance fee bill season approaches (most go out in November, payable by January 1). You are certainly correct however, that for the same week at the same place, your listing must obviously be among the best available prices to avoid just getting only “crickets” in response. The harsh reality is that no one cares one bit what you may have paid previously. Buyers (reasonably and understandably) really only care about what they can buy that same "product" for in the resale market today. In any case, good luck.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Aug 25, 2018 03:36 PM

Oct 24, 2018

Thank you! Helpful insights.

Elizabeth M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.