Ask RedWeek

Just Heard Of Manhattan Club's Change Of Ownership Last Night

Nov 15, 2018

Hi Everybody,

I just joined in as a brand new guest 5 minutes ago. I have owned a time share at Manhattan Club in New York for more than 20 years. Besides Manhattan Club, I own an unit at Pam Beach Shores, Florida and an unit at Tioman Island Berjaya Vacational Club, Malaysia. I live in New York State and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. In the past several years, I always used my time share at Manhatan Club and had totally enjoyed the time there. Only a day ago or last night that I found out that Manhattan Club has a new owner which is Blue Green.

Would someone out there advise me what to do now ? How would the new owner treat us the old existing time share owners?? I admit that I am kind of slow as I live very far away. I normally live in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia although I go back to the upstate New York to visit my daughters every year.

Please anyone help and advise me out there. I was panicky last night after reading some comments regarding this issue. Thank you very much.

Joanne Y.
Dec 01, 2018

hello joanney28,

glad you enjoy the manhattan club (TMC) timeshare, many owners do as well. keep in mind that the enjoyment is from the physical stay at this timeshare. that enjoyment does not come from, perhaps unknown to you, the fraud, lies and misconceptions that thousands of other shareowners of TMC have experienced at and since their initial purchase. TMC has been taken to court by the former new york state attorney general, eric schneiderman for the above-cited activities: sales fraud, lies and misconceptions. just one of these fraudulent sales activities was to tell prospective purchasers that maintenance fees would increase only slightly from time-to-time. to date, the maintenance fee increases are approaching 500% since around 2000....averaging, i would say, at least $3,000 (way above the average fees of similar timeshares) per owned week. part of the court settlement gleaned by eric schneiderman included the prohibition of TMC developer, ian bruce eichner, from doing further business in the timeshare industry. the finality of schneiderman's court SETTLEMENT against ian bruce eichner in no way helped many of the 14,000++ financially distressed owners. very many TMC owners still cannot get desirable reservation time due to other illegal activities by ian bruce eichner: overselling of TMC shares and advertising TMC accommodations on travel websites, e. g., hotels.com and booking.com.

unfortunately, this is probably not good news for you. since the ian bruce eichner regime is being phased out, the BLUEGREEN company is taking over the management of TMC and its board of directors will prevail as the executive body of TMC. owners have little or no knowledge of how BLUEGREEN is expected to proceed.

many owners have contracted with an attorney to fight the many injustices committed by ian bruce eichner and his former TMC board of directors (even after the unsatisfactory conclusion of eric schneiderman's court litigaion). the attorney is awaiting a court hearing in mid-december to determine if he will be allowed access to contact information of ALL TMC owners to create communications among all owners. currently, TMC HAS REFUSED ACCESS TO THE LIST OF TMC OWNERS.

i strongly urge you to check the following forum:.............redweek.com....................the manhattan club lawsuit. there you will find over 240 pages of complaints/unpleasant comments against TMC. don't be fooled and misled any further. among other injustices, you are paying exorbitant maintenance fees to TMC, well-above the average fees for similar timeshares'

JOIN IN ON THE .........................redweek.com..................................the manhattan club timeshare.................forum. you will be quite enlightened!

keep in touch.

chris

joanney28 wrote:
Hi Everybody,

I just joined in as a brand new guest 5 minutes ago. I have owned a time share at Manhattan Club in New York for more than 20 years. Besides Manhattan Club, I own an unit at Pam Beach Shores, Florida and an unit at Tioman Island Berjaya Vacational Club, Malaysia. I live in New York State and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. In the past several years, I always used my time share at Manhatan Club and had totally enjoyed the time there. Only a day ago or last night that I found out that Manhattan Club has a new owner which is Blue Green.

Would someone out there advise me what to do now ? How would the new owner treat us the old existing time share owners?? I admit that I am kind of slow as I live very far away. I normally live in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia although I go back to the upstate New York to visit my daughters every year.

Please anyone help and advise me out there. I was panicky last night after reading some comments regarding this issue. Thank you very much.

Chris V.
Dec 02, 2018

Hi Chris, thank you so much for the information and your advice. I do not know what I should do now. I will join in the Redweek's Manhattan Club timeshare forum. Thanks again.

Joanne Y.
Dec 02, 2018

WELCOME JOANN

if nothing else, it certainly can't hurt by joining your fellow defrauded TMC owners. consider taking time to read through some of the past pages of THE MANHATTAN CLUB LAWSUIT (a misnomer: it was not a lawsuit but litigation against TMC AND ITS DEVELOPER, IAN BRUCE EICHNER via the former new york state attorney general, eric schneiderman). i would also let other forum contributors know of your joining us by posting a comment (s).......................your call, of course.

also there are at least 2 other future lawsuit possibilities in the works which are noted in the TMC forum. one involves joining THE COALITION OF FINANCIALLY DISTRESSED TMC OWNERS of which becky and i are founders (see our mission statement on pages after #200) by contacting..............beckyfitzmaurice@yahoo.com...................mention my name CHRIS if you decide to join the COALITION, .also consider joining attorney zimmerman's in-the-works lawsuit; information also found on TMC forum pages.

GOOD LUCK!. all TMC owners need it to help combat all of the illegal activities heaped upon on at the very first TMC SALES PRESENTATION...........ALL FRAUD, LIES AND MISCONCEPTIONS, e.g., currently our shares are worth about $100....hard to accept, right?

again, welcome and stay tuned.

chris

joanney28 wrote:
Hi Chris, thank you so much for the information and your advice. I do not know what I should do now. I will join in the Redweek's Manhattan Club timeshare forum. Thanks again.

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Dec 02, 2018 08:26 AM

Dec 03, 2018

Question for the TMCNY members here. I purchased my timeshare in 1998 and have paid my maintenance fees regularly. I have not paid for 2019 yet, but am about to so I can reserve space for next year. Did I hear correctly that I may be receiving a refund on overpayment of maintenance fees some time down the road? Is it a fact that those of us who have continued to pay have been in fact paying the maintenace of those who have not been paying? Unless they gave up their timeshare, they still own it and are just in arrears for maintenance, is that correct? Can they come back and pay maintenance once the fees are in fact set to be what is considered reasonable? Or have they forfeited their ownership when they stopped paying maintenance? Thanks to any one who answers. Marjorie

Marjorie P.
Dec 03, 2018

Hi Marjoriep37, Like you, I purchased my tmcny timeshare in the late 90's and have been paying my maintenance fees regularly; not for 2019 yet. I utilized my week in the past 6 consecutive years and enjoyed my stay at tmcny tremendously. Years ago; I banked in my week with RCI for some exchanged holidays on the West coast. Next May, I am going to utilize my week at tmcny again. I only know that I MUST pay for my maintenance fees; otherwise I do not think they would allow me to check in or bank in my week with RCI. No payment, no accommodation; as simple as that !! So far, I have neither heard of overpayment nor refund. Do you think that they would refund us if we paid more than we should ?? I DO hope so. I would also like to know the two answers of your last two questions. Anyone knows the answers ??

Joanne Y.
Dec 04, 2018

majoriep,

please join us TMC owners at.......................................redweek.com...................................the manhattan club lawsuit forum. the more people we have expressing their complaints of TMC's fraud, lies, misconceptions, exorbitant maintenance fees and very-often-unavailable reservation time (unless you request nearly a year before, ) the better equipped we will be to establish further litigation against the perpetrator of these evil actions, ian bruce eichner.

JOIN US RIGHT NOW, LEST YOU FORGET!! being a part of redweek.com is the best way for you to keep informed of how we are trying to combat the heaps of fraud dumped on us. you'll become familiar with the strategies we are trying to use to right all the wrongs that we have been victims of by TMC.

marjorie, welcome in advance to..................................redweek.com..................the manhattan club lawsuit forum.

chris

marjoriep37 wrote:
Question for the TMCNY members here. I purchased my timeshare in 1998 and have paid my maintenance fees regularly. I have not paid for 2019 yet, but am about to so I can reserve space for next year. Did I hear correctly that I may be receiving a refund on overpayment of maintenance fees some time down the road? Is it a fact that those of us who have continued to pay have been in fact paying the maintenace of those who have not been paying? Unless they gave up their timeshare, they still own it and are just in arrears for maintenance, is that correct? Can they come back and pay maintenance once the fees are in fact set to be what is considered reasonable? Or have they forfeited their ownership when they stopped paying maintenance? Thanks to any one who answers. Marjorie

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Dec 04, 2018 02:22 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.