Nov 28, 2018

Could someone please explain what this means. How probable is it that you actually get the week you want and how long beforehand do you need to book in order to get the week you want. I am very nervous about purchasing a floating week timeshare whe I don’t know if I will get the week that I want?

Angela D.
Nov 30, 2018

angelad303 wrote:
Could someone please explain what this means. How probable is it that you actually get the week you want and how long beforehand do you need to book in order to get the week you want. I am very nervous about purchasing a floating week timeshare whe I don’t know if I will get the week that I want?

If you are exchanging your timeshare for another, say with RCI or Interval, you should deposit your week as soon as possible to set up an ongoing search, so you will have a better chance of getting the week you want.

If you are booking your home resort, or if your resort is within a family of resorts, there are rules and certain times when you can make your earliest reservation.

What resort are you interested in? Maybe someone on the forum who is also an owner can offer you some guidance.

Carol P.
Dec 03, 2018

I am interested in purchasing in Aruba, Surf Club, but need clarification on knowing how the floating high works as compared to purchasing a defined week such as week seven. Also what are advantages or disadvantages to deeded as compared to RTU. Thanking in advance.

Angela D.
Dec 03, 2018

Angela D.: For a floating week, you will need to confirm with the owner the date range in which you can request to book a week. The ability to reserve a specific week will depend on the resort's availability, as opposed to a fixed week that you are guaranteed to have each year.

Aruba Surf Club ownership is RTU, which means you have the right to use the property for a specified period of time; usually from 20 to 99 years. The resort developer or Management Company holds ownership of the physical property. However, during the right-to-use period, the owner may rent, transfer, or bequeath the remaining years of their right to use property.

Deeded is true property ownership with a deed recorded in the county where the property exists. This type of property has the same rights of ownership accorded to it as other deeded real estate. The owner may sell, rent, bequeath, or give away the property.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Last edited by phyl21 on Dec 03, 2018 09:04 PM

Dec 03, 2018

angelad303 wrote:
I am interested in purchasing in Aruba, Surf Club, but need clarification on knowing how the floating high works as compared to purchasing a defined week such as week seven. Also what are advantages or disadvantages to deeded as compared to RTU. Thanking in advance.

Hi Angela,

Platinum Season at the Marriott Aruba Surf Club include weeks 1-6, 8-13 and 15-17. Gold Season at the Marriott Aruba Surf Club include weeks 18-50.

For more information about Marriott timeshares and how they work, you could check out the website of the Timeshare Users Group (TUG). Marriott owners on TUG can help by answering your questions and provide you with more information about how timeshares work.

https://www.tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?forums/marriott-vacation-club.29/

Carol P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.