Ask RedWeek

RedWeek Payments

Jan 15, 2019

I'm fairly new to listing my timeshares for rent and just learned the hard way that the "small service charge" RedWeek charges the renter to use RedWeek payments is 5% of the rent (!!!) or $50, whichever is greater. Just my 2 cents, but I think these specific dollar amounts should be spelled out in the RedWeek Payments FAQ page.

Paul T.
Jan 16, 2019

Hi Paul!

Thanks so much for sharing your suggestion!

We will share it with our management & development team!

Thanks for being a part of RedWeek.com!

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Jan 18, 2019

Is it normal when renting a timeshare to not be paid until after the renter actually checks in? What guarantees do I have that the renter will decide not to use the week just before checking in, leaving me "holding the bag"?

Stephen M.
Jan 18, 2019

If you are using Redweek Payments or their escrow service, then the renter will have fully prepaid well before checking in. You the owner get paid shortly after the renter checks out and everything was A-Ok.

There are serious financial penalties to the buyer if they cancel within 60 days. Check this page's FAQ.

Paul T.
Jan 18, 2019

Stephen M.: Paul is correct. The renter pays the entire amount upfront and if they cancel within 60 days, the owner would still receive payment. You can read the FAQs about RedWeek payments on this page: RedWeek Payments FAQs

(https://www.redweek.com/resources/faq/redweek-payments)

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Last edited by phyl21 on Jan 18, 2019 12:15 PM

May 23, 2021

I still have my unit listed, now I am less than 10 days before the start of the rental. How do I arrange to receive payment now when this is accepted to rent?

Helen
May 23, 2021

Helen: You will find the steps for a private transaction on this page: Private Transaction Steps

The various payment methods can be found here: Payment Method Comparison

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Last edited by phyl21 on May 23, 2021 04:21 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.