Ask RedWeek

Does adding/buying Bluegreen points increase Maintenance Fees?

Feb 03, 2019

Looking at adding BG points to the package I bought from BG. What's the difference between buying them from BG and buying them from 3rd party? Does the maintenance fees from the other seller get added on to current maintenance fees I pay? BG advises me that if I buy from them it's significantly less. Currently 10k points every other year costs me $864 fees but if I add 6k more my maintenance is only $897. How does it all work?

Gabriel A.
Feb 05, 2019

I think their numbers are off. There is no way to add 6000 points and increase MF by $35. I think it would be a minimum of $280 or so additional for 6000 annual points (regardless of retail vs resale). What you need to do is make sure they are in the same trust fund that you currently have and ideally the same anniversary date. If you buy directly they can adjust your anniversary date so they align and of course they will make sure the trust funds line up. You are already paying the trust base fee and the annual dues so as long as you are in the same trust the base fee won't be charged again (regardless of retail vs resale) not have to pay the annual dues more than once.

Tracey S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.