Feb 13, 2019

Recently brought a timeshare in Westgate Las Vegas. We thought it was for full weeks. Four bedrooms that can be separated or used as a whole. We recently tried to book a stay only to be told it’s a partial week. I’m writing because I fill we should cut our losses right here and now my friend wants to stick it out thinking it will go up in value. What should we do any suggestions.

Pink L.
Feb 14, 2019

pinkl2 wrote:
Recently brought a timeshare in Westgate Las Vegas. We thought it was for full weeks. Four bedrooms that can be separated or used as a whole. We recently tried to book a stay only to be told it’s a partial week. I’m writing because I fill we should cut our losses right here and now my friend wants to stick it out thinking it will go up in value. What should we do any suggestions.

I despise Westgate and everything about them, but I have NEVER (in 35+ years of timeshare ownership and experience) heard of any such thing as a "partial week" ownership. Some timeshares are deeded fixed weeks, some are "flex" weeks. Others are pure points (with no assigned week or specific resort at all, but Westgate does not have any such thing). Some timeshares have both points and an associated underlying week (Westgate does not have this either).

Who exactly told you that you have a "partial week"? More importantly, what does your purchase contract state? This sounds like complete incorrect BS to me, quite frankly. Then again, if you purchased whatever you bought in the resale market (i.e., not purchased directly from Westgate), Westgate is certainly known to impose some severe and restrictive constraints on all resale buyer reservations. In any case, the "partial week" really makes absolutely no sense at all to me.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Feb 14, 2019 07:28 AM

Feb 17, 2019

Westgate definitely sells partial weeks. It may only be in Vegas. The definitely don't do that in Orlando.

Bluegreen also sells partial weeks but as they are a points program it only matters if you bought for the underlying contract weeks. Even worse to make it useless as underlying contract properties, Bluegreen sells contracts that may be Tuesday in week 31 and Thursday in week 35, etc on a single contract.

Timeshares really never go up in value. I imagine you are past your rescission date. I think if you bought from Westgate and use their internal exchange program they may give you a full week at their other properties when you deposit a partial in Vegas.

Tracey S.
Feb 18, 2019

tracey75 wrote:
Westgate definitely sells partial weeks. It may only be in Vegas.

I did not know this, so thank you for that correction / clarification (although I personally would not want a full OR partial week ownership anywhere with Wastegate, even if Wastegate also included a fistful of hundred dollar bills for me to take it for free).

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Feb 18, 2019 11:41 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.