Timeshare Exchanges

qUESSTION ABOUT Selling a week ?

Mar 20, 2019

I would like to sell a week of my RCI timeshare but I do not have a specific resort or a specific time. You can use the week anytime, anywhere as long as the resort is available. Can I do this or do I have to book a specific date and resort first and then try to sell that week? Please help, I'm new at this.

Jelly F.
Mar 20, 2019

You are looking to rent a week not sell the week, it sounds like. Do you belong to a vacation club? If not you should have some sort of deed that has an actual week. You can't use points to book an rci exchange and then rent it out. That is against RCI rules.

When you go to the Search for a vacation tab, you will see in the upper right hand corner you will see something for home resort and home resort options. Some float timeshares use rci to take care of home resort reservations but you have to make the reservation more than 12 months in advance and there should not be a fee to make a guest certificate nor any fee to book the week. If you are booking 12 months or less in advance with your points through rci, it would not be considered a home week reservation and therefore cannot be rented out. From 12-11 months, rci points has home resort reservations with a discounted exchange fee and would require an $89 guest certificate. Those are still considered RCI exchanges and rci prohibits renting those out. Redweek supports the exchange companies rules on prohibition of renting exchanges and will not allow you to advertise an exchange reservation.

Tracey S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.