Timeshare Exchanges

Wow! Diamond and Hilton.

Feb 22, 2020

For all the diamond owners in Hawaii. Did you all get the letter about Hilton. Was talking to an owner at the pool and we both got emails using 8,250 points for a week at the Hilton in New York.

Also sounds Like the Hawaii collection gets to vote to be managed by diamond (booooo) or Hilton this year. PLEASE VOTE HILTON.

Sorry US owners but I did not buy 100,000 points to stay in Branson or Florida. Please forward to all Hawaii owners. I have a feeling Clobeck stills wants the Hawaii properties. I want to be merged with Hilton.

Original sun Terra owner and on 12/31/2020 we can vote Diamond out and upgrade to Hilton. Looks like we only need 51% of Hawaii owners. There are only 18,000 of us or so.

Not being mean US owners but Being selfish. I would LOVE to have the Hilton brand.

Any thoughts and any Hawaii members get offers like mine and the other owner. I also went to a sales presentation and did buy 7,500 points 3 days ago for $4.45 but as an attorney I did because it gave me a one year price freeze to buy Hilton at these prices. Hilton is around $8.00 a point.

Any thoughts. ‘ Thanks and yes I am happy owner and tried the resale thing but we use it and rent it. So don’t call me dumb because I rent 4 weeks a year on Airbnb and here. No maintenance fees.

Thanks and please inform Hawaii owners.

Brad L.
Feb 23, 2020

My wife and Imheard the same thing. Got email from Hilton and a letter. Looks real and not a scam. Hope I don’t have to attend a 4 hour timeshare sales thingy. But going to chivago using points.

Roger S.
Feb 26, 2020

As a platinum Diamond Hawaiian collection member, and also a HGVC Elite member, I'm not so sure I'd want to combine/merge/whatever with Hilton Grand Vacation Club. HGVC maintenance per point is about .21 whereas Diamond is about .18. With Diamond - at the time of booking - I can upgrade lodging size/view category, and select a particular room. Both loyalty perks are not available in Hilton. While Ka'anapali Beach Club does have it's inventory problems (13 month reservations during the winter are difficult), allowing all those HGVC members advanced access to our inventory (why else would Hilton be interested) seems like a loss.

I have not been contacted by HGVC, but will be on the lookout.

Dan E.
Feb 27, 2020

Good point. I have stayed at Hilton’s before but never the timeshare. But they look nicer and higher quality. I agree with the first person. Hilton will make it nicer. How’s the conversion to Hilton honors. Timeshare points to hhonors. Is it 1 to 10. And what can you use them for besides hotels. I have Hikton honors gold status through a credit card and can’t find the timeshare points to hhonors conversion and if it’s worth it.

Roger S.
May 28, 2020

bradfordl11 wrote:
For all the diamond owners in Hawaii. Did you all get the letter about Hilton. Was talking to an owner at the pool and we both got emails using 8,250 points for a week at the Hilton in New York.

Also sounds Like the Hawaii collection gets to vote to be managed by diamond (booooo happy wheels) or Hilton this year. PLEASE VOTE HILTON.

Sorry US owners but I did not buy 100,000 points to stay in Branson or Florida. Please forward to all Hawaii owners. I have a feeling Clobeck stills wants the Hawaii properties. I want to be merged with Hilton.

Original sun Terra owner and on 12/31/2020 we can vote Diamond out and upgrade to Hilton. Looks like we only need 51% of Hawaii owners. There are only 18,000 of us or so.

Not being mean US owners but Being selfish. I would LOVE to have the Hilton brand.

Any thoughts and any Hawaii members get offers like mine and the other owner. I also went to a sales presentation and did buy 7,500 points 3 days ago for $4.45 but as an attorney I did because it gave me a one year price freeze to buy Hilton at these prices. Hilton is around $8.00 a point.

Any thoughts. ‘ Thanks and yes I am happy owner and tried the resale thing but we use it and rent it. So don’t call me dumb because I rent 4 weeks a year on Airbnb and here. No maintenance fees.

Thanks and please inform Hawaii owners.

I've found Hilton Diamond status to be very useful outside the US. If you have any plans to travel Internationally in the near future, go for Diamond, otherwise don't bother.

This is just my personal opinion based on a year of Hilton Gold and this past year as a Hilton Diamond member.

Jessica R.

Last edited by jessicar421 on Jul 30, 2020 02:24 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.