General Discussion

Vallarta Gardens

Jan 18, 2021

Are they a scam? I am considering a 5 night stay, 90 minutes presentation including another 5night trip and a cruise. Are they legitimate? I can not call back on any of their phone numbers.

Paz F.
Jan 18, 2021

If you don't mind being kept captive for the 5 days until you either purchase their resort or leave there wishing you had never heard of them . Read through the threads in the forum and see the horror stories . Nothing is " free " .

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Jan 18, 2021 07:07 PM

May 04, 2021

Has anyone had any results in resolving any issues with a purchase or marketing agreement?

Lee L.
Sep 28, 2022

So apparently we made the mistake of purchasing here as well. I have read several threads and it is only been two days since we purchased so I’m considering calling my credit card company and stopping by down payment. Having said that, what is exactly the issue? The main reason that we bought was because they said they would buy back our weeks for $2550 a week otherwise he would not have done the deal. Is the actual property legit? Can you actually stay here and is it just the money by Becky she gets in question or what is the full length of the scam?

Greg P.
Sep 28, 2022

Sorry for the typos. I am using talk to text. I meant is the buy back portion, the scam or the entire thing? Will I ever get to use my six weeks?

Greg P.
Sep 28, 2022

gregp380 wrote:
So apparently we made the mistake of purchasing here as well. I have read several threads and it is only been two days since we purchased so I’m considering calling my credit card company and stopping by down payment. Having said that, what is exactly the issue? The main reason that we bought was because they said they would buy back our weeks for $2550 a week otherwise he would not have done the deal. Is the actual property legit? Can you actually stay here and is it just the money by Becky she gets in question or what is the full length of the scam?

They might have "said" that they would buy back your weeks, but rest assured that this (false) verbal statement is not reflected anywhere in writing within any document that you signed; that verbal claim is legally meaningless. The property itself is indeed real, but what you purchased has little or no actual value in the resale market. You can still rescind your purchase (in writing only) within 5 days of signing and you should definitely do so. Merely disputing the credit card payment does not magically invalidate the actual contract if the contract is legally sufficient and you voluntary signed it of your own free will and choice.

Focus on sending a written cancellation letter to lawfully rescind the actual contract. Do it NOW! the letter needs to be postmarked (not actually received) within the 5 days rescission (cancellation) period provided under what passes for Mexican law. After that, your purchase money is forever gone and all you can really do at that point is kiss it goodbye and pay nothing further.

Rescind the contract --- in writing and immediately. Simply stated, if you snooze, you will lose. Good luck.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Sep 29, 2022 06:12 AM

Sep 29, 2022

KC… thank you for your response. I really appreciate it. Having said that, do I need to do this in written letter and post mark it or can I do it by email or both? I’m assuming ithat an address to send legal documents to them is in my contract somewhere. I purchased on Monday so I’m assuming Saturday is the fifth day? I am going home today which is Thursday and I can actually write the letter by email and send it by mail tomorrow.

Greg P.
Sep 29, 2022

One more thing… I bought a “foreclosure”so that is supposed to negate the five day cooling off period. Not sure how that is going to play out. it’s really too bad. The property is beautiful but the deal for me was the fact that they were going to buy back the weeks which would in essence pay for vacation for the next 10 years because the property would have been paid off in two years. Too bad.

Greg P.
Sep 29, 2022

gregp380 wrote:
KC… thank you for your response. I really appreciate it. Having said that, do I need to do this in written letter and post mark it or can I do it by email or both? I’m assuming ithat an address to send legal documents to them is in my contract somewhere. I purchased on Monday so I’m assuming Saturday is the fifth day? I am going home today which is Thursday and I can actually write the letter by email and send it by mail tomorrow.

Email message to rescind a contract is a completely useless and entirely inadequate action, legally speaking. It must be done in writing and it must bear your original signature (as well as the original signature of anyone else who signed the contract (unless your instructions state otherwise, which is highly unlikely). If you are still on site, you can (and perhaps should) even hand deliver your rescission in person to the sales office, obtaining a receipt acknowledgement. First things first. Only after submitting a valid rescission should you even bother with disputing the credit card charge. Save a copy of your signed rescission correspondence in case you need to provide it to the credit card issuer to support the validity of your disputing the charge.

You should have been provided with a "notice of rescission rights" and related instructions at the time of contract execution. However, Mexican operations are known to sometimes "forget" to mention and / or provide that particular documentation. Look through your contract materials very carefully and very thoroughly.

The rescission calendar / clock starts on the day after contract execution. If you signed on Monday, you must have your rescission correspondence postmarked (or hand delivered, if choosing that route) no later than Saturday. Friday (tomorrow) would be even better, right now would be better still. Remember that USPS offices close early on Saturdays and you want proof of postmark, which you cannot get by just tossing your letter into a mailbox. Good luck.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Sep 29, 2022 11:35 AM

Sep 29, 2022

gregp380 wrote:
One more thing… I bought a “foreclosure”so that is supposed to negate the five day cooling off period. Not sure how that is going to play out. it’s really too bad. The property is beautiful but the deal for me was the fact that they were going to buy back the weeks which would in essence pay for vacation for the next 10 years because the property would have been paid off in two years. Too bad.

Pure B.S. on their part. In Mexico, you have a RTU (right to use) contract, not a deeded "ownership". You don't "own" anything. What you have is basically little more than a "membership" and there is no such thing as "foreclosure" on a non-deeded, no ownership, RTU membership contract. Their story is creative, but still pure nonsense. Your rescission rights would not be impacted in any way by their song and dance story, even it was true (...which it clearly is not).

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Sep 29, 2022 11:41 AM

Sep 29, 2022

Thank you again, sir and I really appreciate your help. Unfortunately I have already left the facility and I wanted to make sure I got to the airport without being held hostage… Lol! Having said that, tomorrow, I will send a letter in the mail and have both my wife and I sign it and get a receipt so we have proof of that. After that I will dispute the charge on my credit card.

Greg P.
Nov 17, 2022

My name is Maria Mendoza I would like to get everyone who had been scammed by Vallarta gardens timeshare, I used to lived in Nebraska, but Moved to Puerto Vallarta a few months ago, please everyone who wants to joint me to get a class A demand against Vallarta Gardens.

Blanca M.

Last edited by phyl21 on Nov 17, 2022 06:15 PM

Nov 23, 2022

I am willing to join a class action with you. We have been had. I have had the same experience everyone else has had. My name is Amy Pruitt.

blancam25 wrote:
My name is Maria Mendoza I would like to get everyone who had been scammed by Vallarta gardens timeshare, I used to lived in Nebraska, but Moved to Puerto Vallarta a few months ago, please everyone who wants to joint me to get a class A demand against Vallarta Gardens.

Amy P.
Nov 24, 2022

I put $30 down and apparently should have researched this before hand. Christy

Christy C.

Last edited by phyl21 on Nov 24, 2022 08:21 PM

Dec 05, 2022

Let me know how I can help

Christian P.
Dec 07, 2022

Yes so many people have been scammed by them. Us included. Let us know what we can do

Adele V.
Dec 08, 2022

adelev14 wrote:
Yes so many people have been scammed by them. Us included. Let us know what we can do

How were you scammed? If you can give more details, someone here might be able to help.

Lance C.
Dec 11, 2022

My wife and I would like to pursue any recourse we can to shut these frauds down and if at all possible get some money back. I feel like such a fool

Tom H.
Dec 11, 2022

Does Mexican law provide any protections to non-citizens who are scammed like Vallarta Gardens?

Tom H.
Dec 11, 2022

They “guarantee” in a written contract that you will receive $2000-$3000 per week that you give back to the resort to use, and then you don’t receive a penny

Tom H.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.