General Discussion

Gift of Marriott legacy week, a question

Apr 20, 2021

Hello all, first time poster and timeshare owner here!

I have been generously gifted a legacy Platinum week at Marriott’s Grande Ocean on Hilton Head Island. I have some questions that will probably seem typical for a timeshare noob (please be gentle).

First off, I understand that there are limitations to the benefits available to a purchaser of a legacy week timeshare as compared to those available to the original purchaser from Marriott. For instance, I read that the Marriott Reward Point benefits are not available to such purchasers. Question: Is this true for legacy weeks gifted and not purchased? Follow-up, are there any other limitations on a gifted legacy week owner that I need to be aware of?

As background, our primary desire is to use the week most of the time; why not, it’s a great week at a great location! Occasionally (maybe every 2-3-4 years), we would like to use the week to go somewhere else, a Marriott property or otherwise.

I’ll probably ask other questions shortly. Thanks everyone!

Bill B.
Apr 20, 2021

I know nothing about Marriott practices, but the Timeshare Users Group site (TUG) has a Marriott-specific discussion forum with many experienced and knowledgeable participants. I think your odds of getting prompt and detailed (and correct) input and answers on Marriott issues and questions would be much better over there than here, due to the sheer concentration of savvy Marriott folks over on the TUG site / discussion forum --- unlike here. Just a suggestion.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Apr 21, 2021 04:32 PM

Apr 20, 2021

Appreciate the advice KC, will check it out.

Bill B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.