Point Systems

Secondary Market Mariott/Westing timeshare and Mariott Elite status

Dec 14, 2021

Good day everyone,

Recently I was looking at timeshare offers and trying to figure out timeshare system. Does secondary market timeshare form Mariott/Westing count toward Marriott's Platinum, Titanium and Ambassador elite status?

Thank you.

I.K.
Dec 22, 2021

It is my understanding that you need to pay a 'fee' to get the secondary points enrolled with Marriott to access ownership perks/elite status and possibly combining with other points purchased directly with Marriott. You be clear on this before purchasing additional points.

Richard S.
Dec 27, 2021

In the Vistana system (Westin/Sheraton), resale purchases don't count towards elite status within that system or with Marriott hotels. If you make a new purchase directly from Vistana for $10K-12K, they will retro one resale week into the system with full privileges including counting towards elite status.

KozyK
Jan 04, 2022

Thank you, Richard and Koz.

I am closing on 3 Marriott timeshares, at this moment. Will try to call Vistana to check on resale, my understanding is that Marriott is not completely integrated acquired SPG yet. I called Marriott, and they mentioned that deeded properties will count toward required stays for elite status, I will know soon.

Thank you for your replies.

I.K.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.