General Discussion

Approx closing, settlement, title transfer, attorney fees ?

Dec 18, 2021

How are you all? Regarding a Marriott Grande Vista timeshare sale in Orlando, any idea what my additional costs might be? Planning on asking $10000. thanks

Gerald H.
Dec 18, 2021

Gerald: If you plan to use RedWeek's full-service resale option, the buyer pays all closing costs and transfer fees.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Dec 18, 2021

geraldh142 wrote:
Regarding a Marriott Grande Vista timeshare sale in Orlando, any idea what my additional costs might be? Planning on asking $10000.

Do you honestly and realistically think that you will get $10,000 for a resale timeshare? One recommended way to see what your unit is worth on the resale market is to log into your E-Bay account and see what similar units sold for. Make sure you look at completed auctions to see what they actually sold for. Many times, what the owner is asking for and what was actually sold for are vastly different.

As for additional costs, I would call Marriott or the resort and ask what the transfer fee is. Also, transfer companies such as Legal Timeshare Transfers charge about $200 for their services. It will be up to you and the potential buyer to negotiate and determine who will pay these costs.

Lance C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.