Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Redweek verification on renewal

Jan 03, 2022

I listed my timeshare week for this July as a rental on Redweek six months ago, and paid for verification. It hasn't rented yet and so I paid to renew the posting, and had to pay for verification AGAIN and go through the process of forwarding the confirmation, etc.

Why is it necessary to pay for verification AGAIN when renewing a listing which was already verified? This seems like a money grab. Redweek doesn't have to do anything at all (they already did it!) and is charging for a service already paid for and received.

David T.
Jan 03, 2022

David: RedWeek verification confirms the unit was available as described at a point in time - likely when the owner first purchased the posting. RedWeek does not take ownership of the week at that point, and the owner or resort can make changes to reservations without our knowledge. Any time a posting is renewed after being active for six months, our verification team will contact the resort again to confirm that all the details of the posting have remained the same. This added step provides more security and confidence for postings marked as "Verified."

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.