General Discussion

Wyndham Credit Card Scam - I was signed up for a Wyndham credit card despite a clear "no." Anyone else with this problem? What can I do?

Feb 02, 2022

Went to a required sales presentation. We know the drill, done a few before. We said no to everything, even had a long credit card discussion to explain why I like mine. Then...voila! 2 days later I notice an email thanking me for signing up for the Wyndham credit card and that it is being mailed to my house. We have a Marriott timeshare, so they said they needed my SS and signature to run credit to see if we could be part of some timeshare exchange for points deal. Stupidly I did give that info, and apparently it was enough for them to sign me up for a credit card! There was no additional info on the ipad screen requiring my info. We did not follow through with any timeshare deals with our Marriott, I just wanted info. (I do recognize the stupidity of giving this info without verifying the details, so lesson learned on that front.)

I have tried calling Wyndham sales center now 3 times with no one calling me back. What can I do? Are there legal repercussions for this? I have this strong suspicion it will just be brushed under the rug - as in "No worries, we took care of the problem" kind of a thing. I would like to know how to approach this or who to call because I imagine if this happened to me, I am in a long list of others and I want this to be stopped.

Thanks for any help!

Lisa R.

Last edited by lisar1207 on Feb 02, 2022 11:44 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.