Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

MVCI view preference on Redweek rentals?

Feb 02, 2022

Sorry if this has been asked + answered already. Searched here + Google but couldn't find an answer.

It's been a few years, but when I rented an MVCI unit via Redweek in the past, the owner would put in a view preference for us, and the likelihood of it being granted depended on the owner's MVCI status.

This week, we inquired about an available MVCI rental marked view "varies" and managed full service by Redweek. However, when I asked Redweek what the owner's status is, they said they don't ask for that info.

Does MVCI still use the owner's status to prioritize view requests? If so, is there any way to figure out which Redweek-managed rentals have a higher likelihood of getting their view request granted?

Thanks in advance.

pl804
Feb 02, 2022

This was a problem some time ago when owners indicated an ocean view on the listings for Newport Coast. When I contacted an owner about this, he said he had special connections and could deliver. Redweek eventually eliminated these claims by only showing, I think it was "varies" on all the listings for this resort. They also added a statement along the lines of the resort has discretion to assign units. Of course, an owner can ask for anything without an assurance of delivery. I hope those trying to beat the resort discretion system are deterred.

OceanWatch in Myrtle Beach units are owned as Ocean Front, Ocean Side, Ocean View, and Garden View and this is shown on the Redweek listing. I suspect some other resorts may have similar designations on the ownership.

Den
Feb 03, 2022

Does that mean MVCI Chairman's Club members don't get any preference with regard to view requests vs. lower status tiers?

pl804
Feb 03, 2022

That's right, no preference for Chairman's club that I know of. We're chairman's level.

It seems it would be unfair and inappropriate to allow such preference.

Den
Feb 04, 2022

Thanks for clarifying.

pl804

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.