Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

No response after multiple emails (Wyndham Royal Vista)

Mar 15, 2022

There was a posting for a week at the Wyndham Royal Vista in Ft Lauderdale. I have emailed the buyer twice to rent it, but with no response. My issue is that it is for next week.

The account was not "verified." Is it possible this is a scam which is why there has been no response?

Laura G.
Mar 15, 2022

laurag127 wrote:
There was a posting for a week at the Wyndham Royal Vista in Ft Lauderdale. I have emailed the buyer twice to rent it, but with no response. My issue is that it is for next week.

The account was not "verified." Is it possible this is a scam which is why there has been no response?

It is highly unlikely that this is a "scam". Anyone placing an ad on RedWeek must first pay to become a member and then must also pay to places ads. Both payment processes involve the entity being identified (and traceable), generally by providing a valid credit card. RedWeek is definitely NOT a "scammer friendly" site for advertisers of ill intent (unlike Craigslist, by comparison, where posters can remain completely anonymous and pay absolutely nothing to post ads, whether or not the poster and / or the ad is legitimate).

An ad not being "RedWeek Verified" doesn't mean all that much, other than revealing that the poster was either too lazy to jump through the hoops to provide the documentation required to become "verified" and / or was just too "frugal" to pay the additional $14.95 required to get their ad "RedWeek Verified".

None of this explains why the poster did not respond to your inquiry, only that it is not likely any form of "scam". Maybe the week is already rented out and the advertiser simply did not exercise the courtesy of "deactivating" their ad. I have no idea, of course, but "scam" is certainly not one of the likely explanations for your receiving no response.

I suggest that you contact RedWeek customer service directly, providing the specific rental ad number when you do so. They will then reach out to the advertiser directly on your behalf to learn the status of the ad and RedWeek staff will then let you know the outcome of their inquiry (...if they manage to get any response).

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Mar 16, 2022 09:59 AM

Mar 15, 2022

Thank you so much for your suggestions. I have rented through Red Weed three other times and had an absolutely FANTASTIC experience. I was hoping this one would work out as well, but its my own fault for waiting so long.

Laura G.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.