Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Marriott MVC active in ROFR in 2022?

Apr 13, 2022

I'd like to ask recent MVC point sellers if your sale ended up going to Marriott (via ROFR) vs. the offer through Redweek's members who made the offer? I'm not sure if this is appropriate but it would be very helpful to understand if there is a price that ROFR is letting go forward. Thanks for your thoughts on the subject!

Grant O.
May 15, 2022

I find it hard to believe that there are no recent buyers or sellers of MVC points that can comment on the legitimately completing a transaction through the connections in this site. If all this site does is help owners sell point back to Marriott (via ROFR) then this is a sad state.

Grant O.
May 16, 2022

granto11 wrote:
I find it hard to believe that there are no recent buyers or sellers of MVC points that can comment on the legitimately completing a transaction through the connections in this site. If all this site does is help owners sell point back to Marriott (via ROFR) then this is a sad state.

Rather than just unfairly disparaging the RedWeek site because you received no responses to your one very specific item of personal interest, you might consider asking your question over on the Marriott-specific forum on the TUG (Timeshare Users Group) site, where there are lots of experienced and helpful MVC owners. ROFR is always dynamic and subject to change; ROFR practices and numbers in place yesterday could be very different tomorrow. Good luck.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on May 16, 2022 09:56 AM

May 19, 2022

I tendered an offer for 2500 its @ $2.2 a point. Marriott exercised the ROFR. This was about a month ago April 2022

Mabel L.
May 23, 2022

I did not mean to come off as disparaging the RedWeek site - I am interested in purchasing points and was sincerely interested in learning how the Marriott ROFR policy is being utilized in regards to offers made on this site. Thanks to both responses for the reply and good suggestion. I really appreciate both.

Grant O.
Jul 08, 2022

Best place to check is on ROFR.net

Kevin Y.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.