Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Am I thick?...Marriot Maui Ocean Club

May 02, 2022

I have been trying to research the above. Honestly, most of what I read is Greek to me!. I am interested in a 2 week "annual" timeshare at the above location. I am wanting to purchase a resale but the ads are confusing to me as I am a newbie....Can anyone help me or advise me where on the for sale/resale ads it would tell me if it is 1 or 2 week offer I am looking at?

Graham M.

Last edited by grahamm55 on May 02, 2022 03:49 PM

May 03, 2022

Most ownership resales are for 1 week. Would most likely be noted on the ad if it was for two weeks. You can buy a "2 bedroom lock out" style unit and only use half of it and stay for two weeks or use the whole unit and stay one week. Marriott also sells points ownerships that you can use for extended stays if you have enough points.

Definitely a few things to learn as you look to buy.

Time To Share Realty - Melissa Dann, Lic. Real Estate Broker
May 05, 2022

Thank You very much...

Graham M.
Jun 01, 2022

If you buy 2 separate rental weeks make sure they are for the same categorie: gold vs platinum as well as location (garden view vs ocean view or ocean side). I when you make your future reservations at MVC you can select a box asking for consecutive weeks (may require a phone call), but it keeps you in the same unit since you purchased similar weeks. Enjoy your time in Maui, we liked the resort but still preferred our home location in Aruba Surf Club.

Randy J.
Jun 10, 2022

Thank You....

Graham M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.