General Discussion

Best place to look for a timeshare takeover (for free)

Jul 29, 2022

I know there are timeshare properties for sale on here, but I know there are times when people just want to walk away from their timeshare. Specifically, I am interested in something cheap or free, any weeks in Key West. I know that is probably a crazy proposal, but nothing ventured, nothing gained, right? If one were looking for that kind of arrangement, where would be a good place to look?

DeniseSC
Jul 29, 2022

deniser359 wrote:
I know there are timeshare properties for sale on here, but I know there are times when people just want to walk away from their timeshare. Specifically, I am interested in something cheap or free, any weeks in Key West. I know that is probably a crazy proposal, but nothing ventured, nothing gained, right? If one were looking for that kind of arrangement, where would be a good place to look?

Hope springs eternal, but it is frankly just wishful thinking to expect to ever find a "free" timeshare anywhere in Key West, where all timeshares have some resale value and can usually be sold quite easily --- there is never a need to give them away for free. Weeks at The Galleon and / or (Hyatt) Sunset Harbor can (and do) routinely sell for $5,000 to $20,000+ per week (depending on the week). Weeks at Hyatt Beach Club and Hyatt Windward Pointe sell for half that amount, at most. The least expensive timeshare by far in Key West would be Coconut Mallory, which I believe only has “floating” weeks — and which is located as far away from the Mallory Square end of the island as you could possibly be and still actually be in Key West.

That said, the Timeshare Users Group site (http://www.tug2.net) has a section for "Free and Bargain" timeshares, but you will never see any Key West timeshares offered for free on that site — or anywhere else, for that matter.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Oct 12, 2022 01:30 PM

Jul 30, 2022

RedWeek also has a "Bargain Timeshare Resale" section on this page: Bargain Resales

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Oct 03, 2022

TUG has a bargain timeshare section. Usually offered for $1

David S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.