Ask RedWeek

Considering renting and have some questions

Aug 20, 2022

Hello, RedWeek community -

We would like to purchase/rent a week in Florida at Marriott Crystal Shores this fall, but I'm nervous and still learning about time shares.

I will consider only Verified and Protected rentals, still, can you explain to me how this works?

1. For Verified and Protected units, Redweek has verified with Marriott that this owner in fact own a unit to rent for that week? 2. Once I book, is my name and info communicated to Marriott? Will I be able to view my reservation online through my current Marriott account? 3. Do we receive all the same benefits of an owner during our stay? (room cleaning service, etc.) 4. How can I be sure we won't fly to Florida to find out there's no reservation?!

Thank you for your help!

Maureen P.

Last edited by maureenp175 on Aug 20, 2022 07:20 AM

Aug 20, 2022

1. All the information highlighted in green on a verified and protected posting has been confirmed by RedWeek with the resort.

2. Once you have booked and the owner has accepted the rental, the owner has 48 hours to change the reservation to your name. You will need to contact Marriott if you want the reservation linked to your account, as we do not have your Marriott account information.

3. Yes, renters receive the same benefits as owners.

4. With RedWeek Online Booking, your money is not disbursed to the owner until two business days after you check into the resort.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Aug 24, 2022

Thank you, RedWeek Support!

I'm still worried. If I purchase a Verified and Protected unit with Marriott Crystal Shores, is there any risk that it's not a real offer and we are getting scammed?

Also, do owners own a specific unit with Marriott Crystal Shores? Wondering why we see only stock/general photographs rather than photos of a specific unit.

Thank you again.

Maureen P.
Aug 24, 2022

With Verified and Protected postings, RedWeek has confirmed all the information about the unit and owner with the resort. With RedWeek Online Booking we hold the money until two business days after you check into the resort, so a scammer would get no benefit (no money) if it wasn't a real offer.

Like hotels, the units in timeshare resorts will typically have identical furnishings. The photos you see of a unit's interior would apply to all units of the same size. You can also visit the resort's website if you would like to view more photos of the interiors.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Last edited by phyl21 on Aug 24, 2022 07:59 PM

Sep 16, 2022

I noticed a fee of $26.75 per night to the resort for they stay. I would like to rent for 2 weeks so in essence that is an additional $364 plus $15, fee. Please explain,

Edwina Hudson ehudson1@maine.rr.com

Edwina H.
Sep 16, 2022

Some resorts have a daily resort fee to cover taxes and/or resort amenities. This is charged by the resort and you would pay the fee directly to the resort. In some cases, if you are renting from an owner, this fee may be waived. Please contact the resort directly to find out more details and to see if the fee would apply to the rental you are considering.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Oct 09, 2022

how can i find out if i can add a a few days to a week prior to booking

Deena M.
Oct 09, 2022

You will need to use the "Questions? Get in Touch" link on the right side of the posting page to connect with the owner or agent. Most owners have a one-week interval, so adding on extra days may not be likely.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Oct 11, 2022

My question is related to item # 4

4. With RedWeek Online Booking, your money is not disbursed to the owner until two business days after you check into the resort.

What if the renter doesn’t show up at the resort? Is there something in place for Verified and Protected postings to protect the owner?

Kris S.
Oct 11, 2022

Are there any resorts that allow pets?

Jean C.
Oct 11, 2022

You will find a list of pet-friendly resorts on this page: Pet Friendly Resorts

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Oct 11, 2022

Kris: We abide by the terms of the rental agreement. There are three cancellation policies the owner can choose from:

Flexible: 100% refund up to 60 days before check-in Moderate: 50% refund up to 60 days before check-in Strict: No refunds

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Jan 02, 2023

Are there any additional state taxes or fees charged to a renter?

Wayne S.
Jan 02, 2023

First time considering posting a rental. I do not have pictures of the resort and room. Do you have suggestions where I can find some pictures to post with the rental? I want to abide by copyright rules.

behappy
Jan 13, 2023

can I make an offer to the owner less than what is being asked and how would this work if accepted

Thomas T.
Jan 28, 2023

Is there any way to confirm ownership before paying as a renter? I'm also concerned about paying and then arriving with my children and finding no room has been booked. This particular owner does not use the Verified system. Just trying to protect myself. Thanks!

Karrie B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.