Ask RedWeek

Sep 15, 2022

I RECENTLY PURCHASED A TIMESHARE AT WINDWARD POINT IN KEY WEST FOR WEEK 19 ... IT CAME WITH 2000 POINTS... FOR NEXT YEAR I WAS WANTING TO CHANGE WEEKS TO WEEK 14 AT SAME RESORT... WEEK 14 REQUIRES 2200 POINTS... CAN I PURCHASE ADDITIONAL POINTS THRU REDWEEKS POINTS LISTINGS AND APPLY THESE PURCHASED POINTS TO MY 2000 IN ORDER TO GET 2200 POINTS AND USE FOR THE EARLIER WEEK.??? THANKS Z

Zeb G.
Sep 16, 2022

zebg2 wrote:
I RECENTLY PURCHASED A TIMESHARE AT WINDWARD POINT IN KEY WEST FOR WEEK 19 ... IT CAME WITH 2000 POINTS... FOR NEXT YEAR I WAS WANTING TO CHANGE WEEKS TO WEEK 14 AT SAME RESORT... WEEK 14 REQUIRES 2200 POINTS... CAN I PURCHASE ADDITIONAL POINTS THRU REDWEEKS POINTS LISTINGS AND APPLY THESE PURCHASED POINTS TO MY 2000 IN ORDER TO GET 2200 POINTS AND USE FOR THE EARLIER WEEK.??? THANKS Z

I don't know how (or if) you could obtain more Hyatt points without acquiring an additional Hyatt deed with its' own associated, additional Hyatt points.

Another obstacle to achieving your stated objective is that weeks 5-15 are always very popular in Florida (...although likely not the case in 2023, maybe even longer, in the aftermath of all the destruction created by Hurricane Ian). Even with additional points, you would (pre-Ian) have great difficulty reserving a week 14, even with 2200 or more points (unless of course an additional acquired week was itself a week 14). There obviously needs to be a week 14 available for you to reserve at Windward Pointe in the first place, regardless of how many Hyatt points you might have.

Just my two cents' worth. Take it with a grain of salt, as my familiarity with Hyatt policies and practices is somewhat limited. Others with more first hand experience with Hyatt practices may have some additional insights or information to offer.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Oct 10, 2022 08:51 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.