Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

I own my timeshare - Vacation Villages at Parkway REDWEEK ownership

Sep 20, 2022

We just don't use it anymore and would like to sell it but can't seem to understand how to do it or find buyers. I was scammed w/ sellmytimeshare.com...yep..scammed, they do nothing. i can't even find the real listing... help I need to sell and need direction. I called the property and they do not offer a buyback or resale options. - I have asked if I can do a deedback...they haven't answered me but no matter what i dont' want this to affect my credit. any suggestions please help.

Stephanie A.
Sep 22, 2022

I'm sorry to hear that you got scammed by sellmytimeshare.com. The number one rule when trying to sell, rent out, or simply get rid of our timeshare is to not pay anyone an upfront fee to do so.

It's understandable that the resort does not offer a buy back or resale option because your unit is probably worth about zero dollars (yes, that's right) on the resale market. Your best bet is just to try to give it away. You said you contacted the resort about taking your unit back but are waiting to hear back. Try again but make sure you talk to the Homeowners' Association and not just a desk clerk. Make it known loud and clear that you are not going to pay another nickel in maintenance fees so it would be better for all for the HOA to take your unit back rather than foreclose. The HOA might charge you a transfer fee and maybe even the next maintenance fee.

Another important thing to know and remember is that, if you want to transfer ownership to someone else, all your mortgage and maintenance fees have to be paid up to date.

Lance C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.