General Discussion

Change to rental listings that places all non-verified and protected listings at the bottom of all verified listings. No indication that this was being done or info after it was.

Oct 07, 2022

Changes to the listings places all those who do not pay Redweek to verify are put at the bottom of the listings. Their dates are not placed with others for the same date but are placed after all listings verified for the full year. Renters are not aware of this change--This puts those listing non-verified units at a distinct disadvantage. Listings should be done by date alone. Renters can read and decide for themselves if they want a verified unit or not.

Richard K.
Oct 08, 2022

I just noticed that my listings have been placed at the bottom of the list. Not happy about the change, especially since I was not notified and was not told of this arrangement when I listed my weeks.

Sherril O.
Oct 09, 2022

I ALWAYS THOUGHT OF REDWEEK AS A GOOD COMPANY (MEMBER OVER 7 YEARS) GUESS NOT!!! THEY HAVE GONE TO THE DARKSIDE BY NOT LISTING ALL RENTALS IN ORDER OF DATE WEATHER VERIFIED OR NOT THEY NEED TO PUT OUR LISTINGS IN ORDER OR REFUND OUR SUBSCRIPTION. I CAN NOT VERIFY WITH RED WEEK, AS I AM AN OWNER THAT HAD TO BANK MY WEEKS THEN NEED TO RENT IT OUT. REDWEEEK PLEASE PUT ALL LISTINGS BACK LISTED BY DATE. DON'T EVER THINK MANY OF THE RENTERS KNOW HOW TO CHANGE THE LISTINGS PARAMETERS.

Robbie B.
Oct 09, 2022

To change the guidelines of posting rental listings that are 'verified' first and then to post the rest, especially without notifying the renters, is both unethical and fraudulent. I understand that 'verified' listings provide more revenue to RedWeek, but not informing those paying the fees for membership and listings in RedWeek, without prior knowledge, is fraudulent. The typical renter will look for timeshare availability based on a specified date. There they will only find the 'verified' listings. Why would they know or even surmise that there may be additional listing (those that are non-verified) after all the 'verified' listings ? Clearly this tactic is purely to 'push' business to the 'verified' listings at the expense of all the others. Therein lies the unethical business practice. RedWeek's reputation as an 'impartial' customer driven business that can be trusted to handle monies is now in serious question. Can I trust them with my membership and listing fees ? Can I trust them as an impartial escrow agent ? I think those 'ships have sailed'. Word gets around pretty quickly these days on social media and elsewhere. Unless RedWeek reverses this management decision quickly, I don't see a very long future for RedWeek.

Murray K.
Oct 10, 2022

Redweek was purchased by Arrivia. The focus is on fee and profit before customers. People who rent their unit and renters are smart. They will notice the added fees they must be paid and figure out other ways to rent and find rentals. Time will tell. If you are renting your week and this change and you are not happy with the change, ask for a refund. Go elsewhere.

LRZ
Oct 11, 2022

Renters and owners will no longer use RedWeek to post or reserve TS rentals. After contacting RedWeek about the problem they do not seem to care. It is not “Verified” as I see many of those at the bottom of the list. Looks like if you do not buy their preferred service $$ they do not want your business and force owners to go elsewhere by their actions. Totally unfair to their customers and clients. Forcing them to other services!

Craig D.
Oct 16, 2022

I just did a search for March listings at Kierland Villas and all the non- full service listings still came up at the bottom so searching by date didn’t solve the problem.

Suzanne S.
Oct 17, 2022

The change Redweek has introduced to move all non-verified weeks to the bottom of the search results is so disappointing and reeks to me of a money grab. I currently have a listing posted and for the first time EVER, my unit hasn’t been rented and it’s an October rental. Redweek, do the right thing and reverse this decision and have the listing appears in date order. It makes sense. As someone else has already stated….renters can decide if they want the added protection of verified.

David C.
Oct 18, 2022

I was shocked when I did not see my rental posting and also wondered why I had only received one inquiry about my Holiday high demand listing. Seems unethical and bait and switch tactic, leaving me very disappointed with the fact that this was done by Redweek with no notifications to sellers (and buyers who did not know how to search).

Barbara H.
Oct 29, 2022

This change is total bull****. Nobody is emailing me about my rental because nobody is finding it. The resort page defaults to listings by "FEATURED" and apparently my listing isn't "FEATURED".

BT Travel
Oct 29, 2022

Agreed - I have three listings up and nobody has emailed me at all. This line that customer service gave me is a total lie

"A very large number of our renters have let us know that they prefer to see rentals and resales that are verified, protected and can be booked online. Based on this feedback, our management team made the decision to display those preferred postings first."

What renter would take the time to write to Redweek and say that? Certainly less than the amount of us who are complaining.

REDWEEK - FIX THIS

EVERYONE - KEEP EMAILING CUSTOMER SERVICE TO COMPLAIN

BT Travel
Dec 02, 2022

I have just heard about this change and I am outraged! I regularly use redweek to rent off the half of my timeshare villa that I am not using. I have had much success with posting my timeshare rentals on related Facebook pages in addition to redweek. However, with this new turn of events I will not be utilizing redweek anymore for rentals and once my membership expires I will end my decades long relationship. The reasoning redweek is giving for their new policy is because of potential scammers. Well if you have all the rentals listed together then it is up to the renter to decide if they want to use verified or not. I am not spending money to post an ad to have it placed on the bottom of their rental page. For Aruba rentals there are dozens of Facebook groups that owners and renters can utilize for renting of their owner week. Social media can do the same thing that redweek does. Sorry redweek, all this looks like is a cash grab and you have lost me as a customer.

Mark M.
Dec 04, 2022

Well spoken Murray, my sentiments exactly. We have been subscribers to RedWeek since its inception and have placed over 1000 listings over the years. This is one of the most egregious money grabs I have ever seen. It is so blatantly "in your face" that it turns my stomach. The timeshare industry is so fraught with criminals, it was refreshing to have a platform like RedWeek that could be trusted to do all they could to create a fair and honest platform for their members. Their action borders on criminal and certainly qualifies as "fraudulent and unethical." If this policy is not reversed immediately, I will be dropping my subscription and remove the multiple listings I have on a monthly contract.

SmartShare.com
Dec 14, 2022

My biggest complaint about Redweek's new policy is that I did not know about it before I listed two Aruba rentals last night. They very conveniently did not explain that unless I paid the additional fees, my listings would be relegated to the bottom of the list where it is unlikely renters would ever see them. When I found this out this morning (by calling Redweek customer service...866-971-1737) I immediately cancelled my listings and requested a refund, which I was told I would be receiving. Their new policy is clearly a money grab by Redweek and I choose not to participate. I will not be renewing my Redweek membership when it expires.

Bill K.
Dec 14, 2022

I suggest everyone who is unhappy with Redweek financially harmful practice of not putting the listings in date order as they had been doing for years, call your credit card company and dispute the rental fees. Maybe that will send a wakeup call to them to change the way they are rolling.

Cathy H.
Dec 24, 2022

I noticed Redweek option for online booking and protection that you have to select "Have Redweek Handle It (Free)". Can you explain how this is free when Redweek charges huge taxes and fees from the tenant? So, not only the tenant will have to pay for the rental amount, the tenant will also have to pay taxes and fees to Redweek. So, the rental listing of $3600 could ended up costing the tenant $4200 or more total.

Helen S.

Last edited by helens53 on Dec 24, 2022 06:29 PM

Dec 31, 2022

I also am upset about these changes. I did not know to look to the bottom of the listings, how will potential renters know? In order to be listed at the top, you would have to pay their extra fees. It is not just the verified, however, but you need to opt in to their full service listings where they collect the money and do not pay you until after check in. I am looking to post at other sites going forward due to this. Shame on redweek for their greed. This also affects renters as it looks like they have less weeks available to choose from.

Bonnie W.
Jan 03, 2023

Where else do you suggest posting rentals? Has anyone used Koala?

Caroline L.
Jan 09, 2023

This change is not good for anyone but Redweek. I placed my Maui ads as I have done for the last 7 years. On an average I get 20-30 responses with in 2 weeks. This year not one for a month and then not a real renter, probably someone else listing. This change was done without notifying anyone. I feel their integrity has been lost to their need for a money grab. I am 6 weeks out and mine are still listed at the bottom with no activity. IN this case I believe they should at the very LEAST put a notice on the website for prospective renters to use the calendar on the drop down to see other listings !!!!!!!! This really is a terrible move on their management decisions and they should believe their customers can make their own choices. I have been using this website for years and I did not know to use the drop down until I called customer service.

Dee K
Jan 10, 2023

I am a renter and have used Redweek many times and was not aware of this new arrangement. It almost caused us to cancel our vacation because we thought there were no postings for our dates in the place we wanted to stay! Only by chance did I scroll down and see more listings and one that matched our search criteria. M.H.

Marcelle H.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.