Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Purchased Week For Marriott Vacation Club

Nov 16, 2022

Hello

I just purchased a week from a seller on eBay at Marriott Vacation Club. I received a confirmation letter from the seller via regular mail. The reservation is under the owners name and I am listed as a guest. I tried to enter the confirmation number on Marriott’s website and it says the reservation cannot be found. The seller is a trusted seller. Are there any disadvantages to my name being listed as a guest. The seller informed me that my name is listed as a guest and his name is listed as an owner because that is the way Marriott does it.

Will I be able to check in without the seller being there. He said he informed Marriott he will not be there. I just don’t want to have any problems or issues checking in or bringing someone with me. The dates are coming up and there are no refunds with eBay.

Thank you.

Amanda P.
Nov 17, 2022

Ask the member to give you a copy of the confirmation certificate that has the room confirmation and guest name listed. Every booking member/owner receives a certificate of occupancy once a reservation is confirmed. It includes what is rented, name of renter and certificate number. Hope this helps.

Michele B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.