Ask RedWeek

Rental listing prices are outrageous

Feb 25, 2023

Why are all of the listings charging additional fees and service charges?

Anne D.
Mar 03, 2023

Do you mean why is Redweek charging additional fees? Most owners do not. But Redweek buries listings that are not verified and protected so you have to work harder to find the dates you want and book directly with owners. You can filter by month but those do not appear in chronological order. Those listings that do not use Redweek to book are buried at the end even if they are for dates at the beginning of that month.

Paula F.
Apr 06, 2023

I notice the rental fees are escalating considerably, especially some listed as verified by Redweek.

One for example is a late August rental at Marriott Waiohai Beach Resort on Kauai for $929 per night. This is outrageous. Perhaps some renters can afford this expensive vacation but if every owner wants such high prices for their villa then there will be a smaller pool of people wanting to rent. I guess I can always secure a renter if my price is lower and reasonable but the pricing requested by some owners is really much too high.

Elaine A.
Apr 07, 2023

People can list their rentals (or resales) for whatever amount they choose, but the market always manages to find its’ own level. Grossly overpriced listings will generally get (and deserve) “crickets” for responses, here on RedWeek or anywhere else.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Apr 07, 2023 08:42 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.