Jul 18, 2023

Have only just joined Red Week, and am about to post a rental for the first time; but have a question. I have a week reserved at Marriott's Mountain Side in Park City, Utah in mid July of next year; but was thinking of trying to trade it for a snow week through Interval International at the same resort, Mountain Side. Can I then rent said snow week?

Thank you for your help.

Sandy H
Jul 18, 2023

Both II and RCI clearly and specifically prohibit the rental of exchanges in their written terms and conditions of membership.

Getting caught trying to rent out a week obtained via II or RCI exchange could potentially result in suspension or termination of the account, as well as denial of occupancy for the unsuspecting and innocent “tenant” who might be completely unaware of unknowingly being a participant in a prohibited practice.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jul 20, 2023 11:42 AM

Jul 20, 2023

Thank you, I thought I read in a very old post that you couldn't trade to a different resort, but no one addressed the same resort which is why I asked. Can you point me to where in the II written terms I could find it? I didn't see anything when reviewing their webpage.

Again, thank you.

Sandy H
Jul 20, 2023

sandyh263 wrote:
Thank you, I thought I read in a very old post that you couldn't trade to a different resort, but no one addressed the same resort which is why I asked. Can you point me to where in the II written terms I could find it? I didn't see anything when reviewing their webpage.

Again, thank you.

I no longer “exchange” and no longer belong to either II or RCI, but I can assure you that the prohibition against renting out any week obtained by “exchange” has been in place for a great many years now with both exchange companies. You’ll have to more closely examine the “terms and conditions” of membership for yourself in order to find the specific prohibition language.

The bottom line is that you can only rent out a week that you actually own. The fact that a week obtained by “exchange” may be at your home resort is irrelevant; it’s still not yours to rent out, since you don’t own it.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jul 20, 2023 05:51 PM

Jul 21, 2023

Thank you so much for the follow. Much appreciated.

Sandy H

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.