Timeshare Companies

Marriott Vacation Club Cancelled Our Reservation

Aug 10, 2023

Because of the wildfires devastating Maui, Marriott cancelled our upcoming reservation. We were due to arrive on Saturday August 12. We received an e-mail from Marriott Vacation Club informing us of the cancellation. Also provided in the e-mail were telephone numbers to call to "discuss your reservation". As long-time owners, we were hoping to hear some positive information from Marriott Owner Services, but instead were informed that if we did not travel insurance, then there was nothing they could do. I am outraged that they could not offer a waiver of Maintenance fees for the upcoming year or possible a week somewhere else....But nothing. Does anyone know a good lawyer who could help us? Thanks. Jim E.

Jim E.
Aug 10, 2023

We had a reservation to check in on Saturday and was told the same thing. Extremely frustrating,!

D.F.
Aug 10, 2023

Have rental scheduled for Sept9th at Westin Nanea. Any indications how far in calendar cancellations are being made and which Marriott properties are affected.

Nick B.
Aug 12, 2023

I have the same problem. We are due to come in on the September 9th. I was told we have 14 days prior to our check in date to turn our week in to Interval. We have absolutely no recourse. Its sad that they will not due anything for the owners. Now in 2024 maintenance fee they will assess us $600.00 for plumbing. Go figure!

Leona B.
Aug 12, 2023

Would anyone know who would receive the cancellation notice from Marriott if I purchased 2 weeks from Red Week? The owner or me?

Lisa D.
Aug 20, 2023

The owner would receive the cancellation notice. You are a guest of the owner if you rented from them.

Gary A.
Aug 23, 2023

We rented from VacationHomesOnly from the Red Week Site. Trying to get a refund for Sept.22-29 at Westin Kaanapali Ocean resort. Has anyone booked a time share from them? It was my understanding that Marriott was going to put back owners time share week into the system. If so, we should get a refund of what we paid. Any help on this? Geri

Geri S.
Sep 13, 2023

ARE RESERVATIONS BEING HONORED FOR DEC - 1923?

Terry M. D.
Sep 15, 2023

We are wondering about our reservation for Christmas too?

michaeld143 wrote:
ARE RESERVATIONS BEING HONORED FOR DEC - 1923?

Linn E.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.