Timeshare Companies

Maximizing Palace Elite Membership?

Mar 27, 2024

Good evening!

This is my first time posting in the forum. Candidly, most of what people have to say will be subjective over objective, but I'm strictly looking for the latter and not to get bogged down in details.

I want to maximize our membership. We haven't had that opportunity partly because of the communication with Palace Company nor a sense of ownership in our investment. We have been members since 2018 and have upgraded once. We became empty-nesters last year, so kids are not an issue, as our daughters are young adults. We enjoy various things about Palace Company and have not stayed at any resort more than once.

One, between the non-member's price on Palace Resorts and the member's price on Palace Elite, how inflated are the rates on the former versus the latter? In doing calculations, it looks like we are positive, but I can't imagine non-members are paying what it says, primarily through last-minute third-party sites to fill rooms.

Can the weeks be utilized more as a selling tool than a referral tool? I see members are looking to sell their usages, but I'm thinking of just offering weeks to others at the rate we see plus a markup but at a rate under the posted one.

Three, speaking of weeks, we have more than we will ever use. Has anyone ever methodically used giving back weeks in exchange for benefits at resorts currently in their membership level or access to other resorts? Going back to my calculations above, this may be an option unless their business model is not as simple as I think it is.

Overall, we have enjoyed our time at the resorts, but I have had issues and need more response from Members Services, the Resort-specific Concierge/Management, and the Resort-specific Front Desk. It's hard not to get pessimistic about how much we've all put in and how we get first-rate customer service.

Thoughts? Above the belt Comments? :) Concerns? Questions?

JS

James S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.